Is it possible to look better in person than in photos?

I went on my first date with a guy last night, and he told me "You look better in person than in your photos. Don't get me wrong-- you look pretty in your photos but you look really beautiful in person." That's the third time I've been told that. How is it possible to look different in person?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah definitely.

Different camera lenses have different angles which distort the shape of things, and depending on where you are in the photo and how close to the camera you are it can distort in different ways. Also the lighting makes a huge difference, the lighting in photos can often make people look worse unless it was set intentionally. Consider actual photo studio lighting, they set up reflectors and shit to make sure the lighting is perfect.

Plus you can't see your mannerisms in photos and they only show you from one angle at a time.

I'm also one of those people :)

0|0
    0|0
    • A professional photographer would probably make you look better in photos tho. People who look really good in photos probably have photographer friends often.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would take that as a compliment...
    maybe your photos are not that professional to catch every single thing you have special...
    in person the guy sees the character, the body language, the whole package and is very nice that they appreciate it and say it as a compliment :)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• selfies are meaningless. I can make myself look ridiculously good in the right selfie lighting or even bad enough to be rated a 2/10. Your passport pic is how you look to people and I am a 5/10 in it. Also makeup and good clothes can make u look prettier. I went on a date with a girl who looked pretty on the date but my over analytical eyes could tell the flaws she was hiding.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do 2
    :D I even get told that on every photo. And on top of that I find myself ugly in photos.

:) I said to a irk that 2 coz it's true she looked good in photos but in person was gorgeous amazing XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a lot of people do, a photo is both static - so how someone acts/moves isn't really portrayed and also people can often look weird when posing for a long time

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, absolutely. I'm one of those people, at least in my experience. I don't have any friends that can a pic to save their life, and I'm not narcissistic enough to get good at selfies.

0|1
    0|0
  • How you look in real life and in pic always differs, same goes for me i dont look good in pictures but i am better in real. Same was for my ex she use to look awesome in picture but not in real life

0|0
    0|0
  • I look better in person than in my photos and it's just because a photo is two dimensional and in person you are three-dimensional

0|1
    0|0
  • Photos are 2d and you're 3d and photos are divided into pixels

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes most certain. You ever hear that old saying "Pictures doesn't do one justice "?

0|0
    0|0
  • yep, some people just have a glow about them you don't see in pictures

0|0
    0|0
  • pictures are two dimensional

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • yea if you take a shit photo

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know that I've ever taken a good photo. All the photos I remember being in I should have sued the camera makers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely possible. Usually when girls see my camera phone pics there's not much excitement. In person though it's a totally different story. I can't rock a camera phone lol. But I look great with a professional camera. This is why I choose not to use Facebook or instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I've seen some girls that are pretty in person, but take terrible photos.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, the camera often does things that make people in real life, appear "different"

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It is possible. But you should be happy, because he liked you in the pics and even more in person. It would be worse if he had said "' You look better on your pics, than in person."

0|0
    0|0
  • Well a picture really doesn't capture how lively the person is, their body language, facial expressions, the light in their eyes, smile. Or maybe you're not very photogenic

1|0
    0|0
  • Some crap about the lense changing the view/look something like that... people don't tell me that but I know I'm terrible looking in pictures but way prettier in person, I've only take a few good photos

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Photos dont do me justice at all.

I would dress , do my hair, take a selfie and realize I look like crap but as person look amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.
    I have been told I look better in person versus my pictures as well. I'm not very photogenic but I would take it as a compliment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I look way better in person than I do in photos so I agree with him

0|1
    0|0
  • i have no idea, but my sister also looks better in person. it is pretty weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible, I look a lot better irl than in pic. I look very weird in pic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I'm the opposite and it really sucks🙁

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that is possible for some people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because your in natural light.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes