Is it possible to look better in person than in photos?

I went on my first date with a guy last night, and he told me "You look better in person than in your photos. Don't get me wrong-- you look pretty in your photos but you look really beautiful in person." That's the third time I've been told that. How is it possible to look different in person?

1217

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah definitely.

Different camera lenses have different angles which distort the shape of things, and depending on where you are in the photo and how close to the camera you are it can distort in different ways. Also the lighting makes a huge difference, the lighting in photos can often make people look worse unless it was set intentionally. Consider actual photo studio lighting, they set up reflectors and shit to make sure the lighting is perfect.

Plus you can't see your mannerisms in photos and they only show you from one angle at a time.

I'm also one of those people :)

• A professional photographer would probably make you look better in photos tho. People who look really good in photos probably have photographer friends often.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would take that as a compliment...
    maybe your photos are not that professional to catch every single thing you have special...
    in person the guy sees the character, the body language, the whole package and is very nice that they appreciate it and say it as a compliment :)