Stand point on girly girls?

I always see girls today's so proud of there Tom boy habits (as they should be!) but I've been an all out pink princess my hole life! My favourite part of the day is just getting ready. From high heels to $100s of dollars in make up and sweet smelly soap you can call me a girly girl all right!
But lately I've felt self conscious due to the huge negative feed back by men who tell me I'm "false advertising" (I'm not an object) or by people who say that I'm essentially "fake" so I guess my question for you guys out there is your take on "girly girls"
Are they annoying? Cute? Frustrating?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Way to high maintenance I want a girl that if I say honey let's go to Vegas she is ready to leave within the hour all dressed and packed

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had the exact same experiences as you! I guess I can understand other girls judging women for being too feminine if theyre not a fan of girly things themselves , but now when guys make comments because were not boyish enough, its annoying. I love makeup and the color pink and bows , but I also like sitting in sweatpants and eating Wendy's and watching funny movies , I'm not prissy but I like to look girly and do my nails. I guess people immediately label girls like this as "Barbie's" because that's On movies and TV , girly girls and feminine women arw always seen as stuck up and catty or the mean popular girls. But in lots of countries outside of the US or western countries, being feminine is still a positive thing for women and many men enjoy it. I guess it depends on the culture and area

• Yeah, I always manage to feel self conscious about who I am most when I'm in a relationship. While I love to watch my partner play video games, I can't to save a life! Shopping on the other hand? I could do that crap. All. DAY! I just always feel like a typical basic bitch. And some times try to hard to be someone I'm not in hopes to be "one of the guys"

• Oh god thats the story of my life! I was lucky enough to find guys who didn't want to date a boyfriend who was as much of a guy as he is , and most ex's of mine have liked that I'm feminine but not stuck up, a lot of guys still do like girly girls. But I still do feel self conscious mostly because most girls I know aren't like this.