Do pimple creams work?

What was your experience? What brand worked for u?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I feel like they dont, maybe they help a little, but so many of hem just kill your skin. I remember rubbing things that smelled like 100% alcohol on my face, including having pills and things. They still came through, but maybe it was lessened.

I remember that once I stopped using all those creams and pills and going to the doctor for it, they sort of just stopped, I mean I get pimples, but i don't care. I barely notice them any more. Besides it's not like having a nice clear face, would make my life change for the better

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes - they do. As a teen with acne I can assure you they work, but it depends on the type you are searching for. are you looking for a spot treatment to get rid of acne that pops up from day to day... or a medicinal 'treatment'? I use both to combat my acne - best spot treatments for a day to day basis for big ones is Clearasil & Neutrogena Clean & Clear spot treatment (drugstore brands). You want to look for something with either Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide which dry and clear the acne spots. If you are looking for medicinal treatments, you would need to get a prescription and a diagnosis by a dermatologist or your local physician. It depends on what they prescribe you and the severity of your acne. As of right now, I am using BenzaClin (b peroxide and Clindamyacin) in the morning during the day & Epiduo gel (adapelene and b peroxide) overnight. They are working REALLY well for me as of right now. However, be wary... going off of your acne meds or not using spot treatments can counteract - your skin can go back to being the way it was before.

Good luck! <3

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 16

• Nothing worked for my skin except for changing my diet. I was trying all these external solutions when the problem was actually internal. To start, try cutting out dairy from your diet. Most adults can't digest lactose because the enzyme that breaks it down (lactase) stops being produced in early childhood. As a result dairy acts as an inflammatory and causes acne

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly, all I have to use is a good face wash that has cooling gels in it and it works very well. I wouldn't waste your money on one when you can buy any good working product at the Dollar general or Walmart for the same results. but if you really want one, I recommend clean and clear "zit cream"

0|0
    0|0
  • Um one does work well for me. Don't use creams often like twice a week would be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they do for some people. I find salicylic acid to work best, you can get it in a toner form and on little pre moistened face pads. It's in most acne creams but I find it works better on it own.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would recommend going to your dermatologist and asking for Retin A.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your skin type and sensitivity but most do work

0|0
    0|0
  • I use proactive, clean and clear, and two time a week I use a charcoal and black sugar face mask.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cleaning my face with black soap , witch hazel , and drinking a lot of water works for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clinique soaps are great

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they do

0|0
    0|0
  • Cetaphil antibacterial bar and moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clinique products helped my acne/spots.

0|0
    0|0
  • clearsil helps

0|0
    0|0
  • They didn't really work, instead.. IT PEELED MY FUCKING SKIN OFF >.<
    I tried every single cream the doctor recommened to be the best but it peeled my skin. I don't think creams work since the pimples grow from puberty. You'll have to wait until puberty ends by your 20s?

0|0
    0|0
  • i buy cheap drug store brands and they are not very magical... i put some on every night and i guess it's helping a little bit;; i suggest getting a white cream and during the day putting a thin layer on (barely visible) so that it keeps your skin dry and non greasy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes some do work

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes