Do pimple creams work?

What was your experience? What brand worked for u?

174

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I feel like they dont, maybe they help a little, but so many of hem just kill your skin. I remember rubbing things that smelled like 100% alcohol on my face, including having pills and things. They still came through, but maybe it was lessened.

I remember that once I stopped using all those creams and pills and going to the doctor for it, they sort of just stopped, I mean I get pimples, but i don't care. I barely notice them any more. Besides it's not like having a nice clear face, would make my life change for the better

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes - they do. As a teen with acne I can assure you they work, but it depends on the type you are searching for. are you looking for a spot treatment to get rid of acne that pops up from day to day... or a medicinal 'treatment'? I use both to combat my acne - best spot treatments for a day to day basis for big ones is Clearasil & Neutrogena Clean & Clear spot treatment (drugstore brands). You want to look for something with either Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide which dry and clear the acne spots. If you are looking for medicinal treatments, you would need to get a prescription and a diagnosis by a dermatologist or your local physician. It depends on what they prescribe you and the severity of your acne. As of right now, I am using BenzaClin (b peroxide and Clindamyacin) in the morning during the day & Epiduo gel (adapelene and b peroxide) overnight. They are working REALLY well for me as of right now. However, be wary... going off of your acne meds or not using spot treatments can counteract - your skin can go back to being the way it was before.

Good luck! <3

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE