Why mostly white girls have acne?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it's because other skintypes hide it better. From the non-white people I know, they have as much acne as the white people I know. Also I think boys are more likely to have acne than girls.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• because they don't have melanin so they are affected more by the harmful rays of sun..

0|1
    0|0
    • Even though UV can cause freckles, wrinkles, and cancerous moles, it can actually help with acne

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I would be offended but you're not wrong. It's possible there's some relation to melanin production and acne, but umm it sure. But I think it's just genetic. Kinda like how east Asian people are more prone to getting redness in their skin when they drink alcohol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Normally I would be angry with this considering I had severe cystic acne for 10 years but the reason I had acne was genetic and I had extreme hormonal imbalance. I took Accutane to rid me of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never noticed this to be true. I've always had perfect skin. I thought it had something to do with diet, stress and hormonal balance? Maybe I'm wrong however?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if it's true, but if it were maybe it's :

1) The color contrast between red and white is harsher, so it looks more visible on a white person than on a person with a darker skin tone.

2) Or they produce more skin oil? I don't know.

I'm not white but I'm not dark either and I didn't have acne.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Arab and have acne. It is not based on skin color

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never noticed there being a different in the amount of acne white girls have lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • no everyone goes through it well most people anyway

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you think anyone here is knowledgeable enough about dermatology to give a true answer? It'll all be guesses unless someone finds an article online

0|0
    0|0
    • hahah u right but probably all answer of th Questions based on personal experience 😂😂

• I dunno about this-the acne is strong on me :'c and my mom had it in highschool and she wasn't white :'c

0|0
    0|0
  • not all 'white' girls do. It depends on peoples skin type.

1|0
    0|0
  • Acne doesn't discriminate hun. Anyone can have it

3|1
    0|0
    • but the ratio of White people is more

• Show All
    • please read Q again.. i asked why white people having more not only white people have

• Eh I don't necessarily think they have it more.

• White women/males produce more oil then any other race. It's a genetic thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know we also get painful sunburns

0|1
    0|0
  • on black girls you can t see it :))))))

1|0
    0|1
  • It's not that.. we just complain about it more

2|0
    0|0
  • White girls have more oil they produce.

0|0
    2|0
  • bcs white colour show it more clearly.

0|0
    0|1
  • Scientifically speaking, this is not true.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not true... but white people usually have a different kind of skin than other races. It's common to be a little more pink or dry than others.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• it appears more on their face

1|1
    0|0
  • wearing to much make up i think

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't think it's necessarily that they do. I think it's because it's more visual.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes