Do guys like girls who don't wear make up?

I don't like to wear make up, except for when I do plays, or take school pictures. I do have a lot of blemishes, I'll admit. But I feel like a guy should like me for my personality, not for what my face looks like... or doesn't look like (I know a lot of girls who wear heavy make up all the time & they look awful with out it).

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• that's my favorite type of girls. we all appreciate natural beauty. even if a girl is not that pretty, I wouldn't like to be fooled with fake beauty that disappears with a little bit of water. the fact that you don't wear makeup makes you confident. and confidence is sexy

3|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Guys see girls that wear pounds of makeup as high-maintenance and we tend to steer clear of relationships with them, but wouldn't be opposed to one night stands are something. Wearing less makeup shows confidence and confidence is linked to self-respect which a lot of guys find attractive.

3|2
    1|0
  • Frankly, makeup (or a lack thereof) doesn't bother me. What bothers me is excess hair. Armpits, legs, upper lip, forearm, lower back... It's like making out with a dude lol.

2|1
    0|0
    • I wax every two weeks, and shave every other day. I have European in my blood, so I have a lot of hair on my forearm, but I'm looking for a electrologist to get rid of it. lol.

• Show All
    • hahaha... yeah, it's hard to deal with. But, my next guy will just have to accept it and tell me he loves me no matter what... then I'll get rid of it, just for him. lol!

• Haha nice

• i like without. but i have never really met a girl i liked and she needed it. so i have never really had a chance to say if they do or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes don't wear makeup your skin will get better when you grow up but the makeup will make you skin wore, that's what I've heard anyway :P. Just be yourself it will be fine ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi there, I agree with you the personality is what counts
    I like a girl for her personality and yes i would date a girl
    whether she wore makeup or no makeup.

1|1
    0|0
  • We all say we don't like girls wearing a lot of makeup, that we like the natural look. That doesn't mean no makeup at all, but a light layer that basically hides any imperfections.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer none except eye liner is sexy, but I'd like to wake up with the beautiful girl I went to bed with, I don't like suprizes

2|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. For everyday life, I actually prefer it when girls don't wear make-up (or only slightly), though I can certainly appreciate girls wearing make-up for a special occasion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I wish more women did this instead of putting on a fake mask.

1|2
    0|0
  • I like it when she is not a portable make up studio ;)
    as long as it is not much or nothing I like it
    heavily make upped not my thing

1|0
    0|0
  • Blemishes you shouldn't worry about too much, that sounds brilliant. please rock on the no-makeup train!

1|0
    0|0
  • Hottest girl I know doesn't wear makeup. Its not that she has nothing to hide, she just doesn't like makeup.

1|0
    1|0
  • Less is better, nice knowing what the person you're dating really looks like.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer a girl for her personality rather than what she looks like with makeup. i don't mind makeup as long as it isn't a ton where it covers your entire face and just makes them look awful.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love a natural woman one who likes to be her natural self.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about make up, I prefer natural girls with a fresh personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • i like your kind of girls. make up is just for some occasion not for everyday.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely natural is the best /the more she is natural the more beautiful she becomes.

1|0
    0|0
  • of course. girls should feel more free.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I feel like most guys judge on, appearance and not the personality, so I agree most guys like girls with makeup. But be you, I actually did a type of experiement on this too. Even though I'm 13. But once they start dating he will love to see your face without makeup!!

0|0
    0|0
    • guys tend to like natural beauty. even if we find a girl that isn't attractive we admire their courage to not wear makeup and show who they are. we don't like to be fooled with a fake mask and be belittled when we point it out when they call themselves beautiful with pounds of makeup

• Show All
    • i said we do admire girls without makeup. girls that don't wear it, no matter if they are attractive or not, are seen to us guys as low-maintenance. we see it as they have self-respect. guys love girls that respect themselves and aren't insecure and throw themselves at the first guy that shows interest in them. it's kinda like a thrill of the chase thing.

• oh okay, thanks

• if you had irritable skin, make up will only make it worse. normally my skin is clear but wearing make up too often on my skin actually makes me break out because it clogs my pores. the acne will probably pass and fade. I think it's important to be confident bare faced. a lot of the women who wear makeup make such a habit out of it that they feel ugly the one day they step out of the house without putting any on. I've found that guys who have sisters or female relatives who don't wear much make up don't expect their gfs to spend and hour putting it on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate asking guys this question because makeup is mostly designed to be undetectable (obviously not for dramatic looks or going out at night etc.) and when its applied correctly I don't think most guys can tell, so they assume we're not wearing any... if every woman in America woke up tomorrow morning and decided not to wear makeup, besides being an hour early for work (haha) they would probably have to endure any number of questions and comments about their health ("Are you sick?" "You look pale." "Are you gonna pass out?" "Are you feeling okay?") or their sleep habits ("You look tired." "Wow, someone didn't sleep last night!" "Were you out late or something?") or their skincare routine ("Do you wash your face every day?" "You should try Proactiv." "Have you seen a dermatologist?") etc. etc. etc. We've all been there. My point is, it's an unfair question and will always yield skewed results.

2|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not the men I know

0|0
    0|0
  • haha, like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most of them like light makeup.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes