How do I get rid of breakouts from not washing my makeup sponge enough?

I never used to wear foundation but I did for a week straight and I applied it with a makeup sponge I got a few months ago and I've just kept it in a dirty drawer. I don't think I cleaned it enough before I used it and I got really bad breakouts, this is more than I've ever gotten and are there any tips to help get rid of this fast because it's been a little over a week. I've tried masks, steaming my face and acne cleansers but nothing's worked. Help How do I get rid of breakouts from not washing my makeup sponge enough?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Apple Cider Vinegar can help with breakouts it's home remedy
    You could also try Oxy Cleansing Pads too.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest using a product called Dudo Oson which is an African Black Soap. It is amazing at getting rid of acne, getting your face extremely clean, and fading dark marks left by acne.

Second, you may want to consider the problem may be your foundation. You said you never wore it before. Many contain chemicals that can break some people out. Also obviously, don't use dirty sponges and brushes. If you don't care to wash them, consider using disposable ones you can buy huge packs of at any dollar store.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 19

• you will have to clean your makeup sponge more often (since makeup can harbor bacteria) and keep it as clean as possible.. in the meantime give your skin a break and let it "breathe"

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all, chill out with the harsh products.

Fun fact: severe acne can actually be irritated if you use products that are too harsh. Secondly, for your makeup sponge, you should consider buying an actual cleanser for it, or washing it thoroughly with either bar soap or shampoo.

Now for your actual skin I'd say get yourself a cleansing water or oil, or a gentle cleanser that has essential oils or vitamins in it to use regularly. for the next little while. Don't over fuss your skin, so avoid popping and picking if you can. From there, be sure to gently wash twice daily, follow up with a decent moisturizer and a spot treatment. My recommendations:

www.palmers.com/.../...apy-cleansing-oil-face-.jpg

i5.walmartimages.ca/.../1396612_1.jpg

If you have super tough skin though, you can try a harsher treatment. I use these pads when I have bad breakouts I need to clear up quick, and this cleanser on the daily. You might experience drying, to get a super rich moisturizer if you use this:

https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/139461/450.jpg

https://www.images-iherb.com/l/ALB-00760-1.jpg

i.ebayimg.com/.../$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Then, of course, that's half of the battle. You'll likely still have redness, maybe even scars. Here are some relatively affordable dark spot correcting treatments:

top10for.com/.../...%E2%80%99s-Dry-Skin-Creams.jpg

media.allure.com/.../...rk-spot-overnight-peel.jpg

2|0
    0|0
  • I think you need to give your skin a chance to breathe. It's probably freaking out and putting more things on it doesn't help.

Do your regular cleansing routine. Do a clay mask. Let it heal.

0|0
    0|1
  • I agree with the others, go with no makeup for a few days.
    I use a soap with bioactive sulphur at night after I remove my make-up. It cleans the face so nicely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just drink lots of water.
    Do not apply anymore make-up.
    Exfoliate your skin 3 times a week.
    Apply some good moisturizing facial cream and let your skin breathe.
    I love doing make-up myself and my brushes completely suck and they accumulate a lot of dirt, I will buy new ones before I do make-up. It also happens to me I had some pimples in my fave it took food 3 weeks for it to be gone completely.
    I recommend buying new brushes. Find a way to disinfect them and wash them weekly or daily (if you plan on using make-up more often) and buy more brushes so you got always something clean (while others are drying etc) alternate them...
    Good luck, be patient and don't be upset, it will be gone soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Um... clean the make up sponge? What kind of question is this?

0|0
    0|0
    • Obviously she cleaned the sponge , she's asking HOW she can clear the acne caused from it. Lol smh

• give your skin a break from all makeup for a week or two. use an exfoliant and make sure to use a toner after you wash your face to close your pores

1|0
    0|0
  • get raw natural organic honey (fairway) and do a honey mask to relieve it as well as no longer using a sponge. get the silicon one they have advertized recently.

goto a natural market and get tea tree extract mix two drops with some water and dab on face. yes it burns. yes it will work.

if your skin is combination do not use products from aesop. only fairway, clinique, estee lauder, chanel.

dior has too many chemicals.

a light moisturizer from clinique.
    toner from chanel.
    and tony moly face masks.
    the ones to clear acne.

don't wear makeup for three to 7 days

0|0
    0|0
    • and goto lush and get the dark angels facewash and a korean facewash. the dark angels leaves residue. so having a secondary wash is ideal.

and drink lots of water with lemon and cinnamon

• Like another user said, give your skin a chance to breathe instead of packing your pores in more with makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you wash your face use warm water to open your pores, wash and at the end use cold water to close them back up. It really works.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes