How do I get rid of breakouts from not washing my makeup sponge enough?

I never used to wear foundation but I did for a week straight and I applied it with a makeup sponge I got a few months ago and I've just kept it in a dirty drawer. I don't think I cleaned it enough before I used it and I got really bad breakouts, this is more than I've ever gotten and are there any tips to help get rid of this fast because it's been a little over a week. I've tried masks, steaming my face and acne cleansers but nothing's worked. Help How do I get rid of breakouts from not washing my makeup sponge enough?

201

Most Helpful Guy

• Apple Cider Vinegar can help with breakouts it's home remedy
    You could also try Oxy Cleansing Pads too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest using a product called Dudo Oson which is an African Black Soap. It is amazing at getting rid of acne, getting your face extremely clean, and fading dark marks left by acne.

Second, you may want to consider the problem may be your foundation. You said you never wore it before. Many contain chemicals that can break some people out. Also obviously, don't use dirty sponges and brushes. If you don't care to wash them, consider using disposable ones you can buy huge packs of at any dollar store.