I'm dreading the warmer weather because I'm self conscious? :-(?

Basically I've been self conscious and suffered low self esteem since I was about 12. All started by being bullied at school for how I looked, turned into an eating disorder. Another contributing factor is how my mum treated me. Don't get me wrong, I love her to bits but she sometimes has a problem with alcohol. When she has been drunk she has said disgusting things to me, calling me fat and ugly etc.

I am 23 soon to be turning 24. I was on antidepressants and I do a lot of exercise (lifting weights, going for long walks) I am quite curvaceous, I have big boobs and a big bum (from exercising) but I am self conscious about the rest of my body. I have belly fat and fat on my arms and legs. Everyone tells me I look fine but when I look in the mirror I see a fat pig. And I'm dreading warmer weather because of having to wear less clothing to keep cool. This is when my anxiety and self esteem becomes too much to cope with. Can someone please give me some advice?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• hi girl, I don't think any advice from us will comfort you more than knowing that your loved ones accept you and love you for who you are. I have a similar problem of self confidence but I'm trying to get over it by taking what I think are risks, small risks and when nothing bad or dreadful happens, it allows and encourages me to open and spread my wings a tad bit more. I hope this is of some help to you and just remember this, you're the only one worth doing anything for, so just stop giving a fuck about other people :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes