Do you prefer getting compliments about your personality or appearence?

• Appearence
    Vote A
  • Personality
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so used to being complimented on my looks that I'm sick of hearing it. If that's the first thing someone compliments me on it's a total turn off. I'd rather hear nice things about my personality.

Not trying to sound conceited, I just realized how it could be taken that way.

2|0
    2|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I'd like ones on my personality more. Cause no one seems to understand me at all. Normally they just do with what I chat about with them. Which is normally their favorite subject. Not mine, I'm just doing it to chat with them. Almost always every one underestimates me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Compliments on appearance are too easy... If someone compliments your personality it shows they are paying attention, and they might teach you something about yourself.

At the same time, compliments on appearance shows sexual interest, while on personality may not. I guess depending on who is paying the me compliment, appearance might have more benefits involved, but it would still have less meaning to me (as far as the compliment goes).

1|0
    0|0
  • Both but I'm way more flattered when I get complimented on my appearance than when I'm complimented on my personality. If a woman compliments me on my personality I assume she thinks I'm ugly. However if she compliments me on my appearance I know she likes how I look.

1|1
    1|0
  • I don't mind getting compliments. I tend to get more compliments about my appearance. I wish I could hear more genuine compliments about my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably neither since most complements seem fake/forced and just internally irritate me.

If I had to choose, I would pick appearance. It carries more weight than personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality please... thats why my appearance is dull, to let morons see what is really important...

0|0
    1|1
  • They're equal to me honestly. I get more emotionally out of getting complimented for my accomplishments or just something I did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. People always compliment me nice on these characteristics :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Either works for me, but I guess you could say I feel happier when my close friends bolster me with remarks of approval towards my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance. NO ONE fucks someone else's personality.

0|0
    1|0
  • For me as a guy, I'd say appearance from girls, and personality from guys. The reason this is for me is that I get compliments on my mental ability/personality way more than on my appearance. For guys, I get compliments for both at a rather close 50/50, with one being appearance, the other being personality. Since I'm not into guys, I overall don't care as much about how they think I physically look (I still care, but just not as much) and since it's already close, I like personality compliments more

0|0
    0|0
  • when people compliment my appearance it's nice but personality is more important to me

1|0
    0|1
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't prefer compliments!.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance by a wide margin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my mood and from whom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance, i work too hard to look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appearance. I don't care about personality.

0|0
    2|0
  • I like compliments on my personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both an usely a guy likes personality 1st

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 27

• Personality. I'm already confident about my looks and it seems like people focus way more on looks. Getting a genuine compliment for being funny, smart, quick, good-hearted, down to earth etc is way more rare than having someone compliment (or "compliment") you on your top, hair or boobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who the compliment is coming from honestly for me.
    I prefer personality though as I pride myself off and attempt to be internally very sweet natured as it is a core value of mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • It only takes a few seconds to observe my appearance and compliment it. On the other hand, a compliment about my personality involves spending some time to get to know me and requires more thought.

1|0
    1|1
  • I like compliments about my appearance bc I already know I'm a nice person; no one needs to tell me that lol. but knowing that I'm a hot nice person makes me feel even better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer being treated like a normal human being..

0|0
    0|0
  • personality because personality last longer than appearances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends: I appreciate the personality compliments more
    Guy: I'd want a mix of both but I tend to also appreciate the personality ones more.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to say tbh xD I like to hear comments on my appearance but I'm very self-conscious anyway.
    When they speak about my personality, I feel ugly and not good enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the circumstances and who is giving the compliment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality. I don't believe people when they compliment my looks.

0|1
    1|1
  • I like getting compliments about the things I do well. Like dude you're killing it at Mario Kart. You know. Cause then I feel good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality is the one that keeps them around & keeps them coming back 😜😊😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Compliments on appearance do nothing for me anymore, so personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care... I mean they're probably fake either​ way lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality. Someone once told me they thought I was very intelligent and it really made my day.

0|0
    0|0
    • Though a compliment about my appearance doesn't hurt, especially because I work hard for my body and health.

• Personality but both at the same time is not bad :) i usually get kind and sweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • My personality :)

0|1
    0|0
  • The appearance of my personality

0|0
    0|0
  • personality!^^

0|0
    0|1
  • personalitt