Does the way a woman dresses affect how you approach her? Which "style" do you prefer?

If so how much of an impact does it make? And what are the different ways you approach them?
  • Does the way a woman dresses affect how you approach her? Which Relaxed
  • Does the way a woman dresses affect how you approach her? Which Preppy
  • Does the way a woman dresses affect how you approach her? Which Somewhat dressy
    Vote C
  • Does the way a woman dresses affect how you approach her? Which Sporty
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
  • Doesn't matter
    Vote F
I was wondering more along the lines of- Is one sort of outfit more intimidating to you? Does one outfit appear more inviting to you? Does a certain style give you an impression of what kind of girl she is?
Over 200 votes? Wow, thanks for the feedback everyone😁.

2056

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether in terms of friendship, romantic interest or just to chat, a woman who either is completely done up "hot girl in the club" style or who dresses as if she has/comes from a lot of money (i. e. you can tell her clothes are very expensive, even if it's not a preppy style) is intimidating to approach. There are always these women who wonder why their less attractive female friends get approached and they don't, and it's usually about this and/or her demeanor. I've also seen women wonder why they get approached more when they go out in sweats and looking very casual, i. e. in their words, "look like crap," and this is also why. None of your pics really reflect what I'm talking about (which might be affecting the kind of answers you're getting), but you're on to something with the idea that certain styles of dress are more intimidating and it is also usually inseparable from the woman's perceived demeanor/personality, too, as well as hair and makeup...

These are examples of the most intimidating styles:

sfs.youbarcelona.com/.../..._to_impress_259836.jpg

www.marqueesydney.com/.../MARQ-6502.jpg

confidencetricks.susiefaux.com/.../Picture-5.jpg

static1.squarespace.com/.../IMG_6204.JPG

Your "somewhat dressy" look is the closest one to intimidating, especially since the woman in the pic is pretty... but she's also smiling... it'd be more intimidating if she weren't. For me, the more feminine a woman is dressed and seems to be, the more intimidating she is, but she's also more attractive that way (which is probably why I'm intimidated). I am with the guys who say they don't approach regardless, lol, but I'm 100% not approaching an intimidating woman for any reason whereas I might chat with or ask a question from some other women.

For the record, my closest friend is an intimidating type (more like the last two pics I give, but more so in terms of the whole package), and we met online a long time ago. I told her if we had initially met in person, I never would have even talked to her, lol. You just assume certain women don't want to give you the time of day.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is really a really well thought out answer and completely true as far as I can tell. Thanks for the breakdown of factors and circumstances.

• The "intimidation factor" of the women in the first two pictures is much less a function of what they're wearing, and much more a function of the fact that they're in a big group of girlfriends.

... because a group of more than 2 or 3 girlfriends is pretty much completely unapproachable for boys, unless (i) they're basically professional entertainers, or could be... or (ii) the boys are in a group of the same size.

• @redeyemindtricks I go up to groups of girls all the time, more eye candy to look at, it surprises them when I do.