How different would society be if wearing clothes was made illegal?

Nudism is such a worthy cause. We must bring the message to the people. We must teach them to unmask their poor suffocating bodies and let them breathe again. Clothes are the enemy. Without clothes, there'd be no sickness, there'd be no war. I ask you, sir, can you imagine two great armies on the battlefield, no uniforms, completely nude? No way of telling friend from foe. All brothers, together.

1011

Most Helpful Guy

• I thinks people would stare more at other people. People who's already not happy with their bodies would struggle even more and can't hide themselves in clothes they feel comfortable in. Transgender attempted suicide rate would increase more. Some people would just stay inside. In Norway, a cold country, it wouldn't be possible to have a such law. The society wouldn't work at all and if people went outside, they would probably freeze to death.

I would just stay inside and never go outside my house. I'm not happy with how I looks and I wouldn't like people staring at me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I wear clothes because everyone else does and it keep me warm. I do jealous why guys and take their shirt off during the summer but not girls. The piece of clothing created a boundary between people and it's not a bad thing. It's make people won't jump right in and judge how someone body looks. And of course that's base on a society that already have the sense of "clothing"

If a society never get the idea of clothes and everyone is naked. It possibly going to be very open minded also painful for some people who born "different " than others and want to hide their differences.

Nudism is good for so far but you can't just think cloth as evil. If there will be no cloth, human society may not be as advanced as we are in now, because how do you went through a cold weather? Winter storm? Bacteria infection causes by scratches which wearing a cloth could lower the risk.

• For the war, if there are no cloth you can't tell you is your enemy, but do you think just remove the cloth would make humanity totally loose their ambition and thirst for power? Or people would never get into a fight over some small things?

I think the way you judge cloth is unfair, and you have to consider what the good thing that cloth bring us and how can we survive with out it through thousands of years

I love to be naked at home because it's safe and I can remove my clothes to be "free" but I can't see a entire society doing this