How different would society be if wearing clothes was made illegal?

Updates:
Nudism is such a worthy cause. We must bring the message to the people. We must teach them to unmask their poor suffocating bodies and let them breathe again. Clothes are the enemy. Without clothes, there'd be no sickness, there'd be no war. I ask you, sir, can you imagine two great armies on the battlefield, no uniforms, completely nude? No way of telling friend from foe. All brothers, together.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I thinks people would stare more at other people. People who's already not happy with their bodies would struggle even more and can't hide themselves in clothes they feel comfortable in. Transgender attempted suicide rate would increase more. Some people would just stay inside. In Norway, a cold country, it wouldn't be possible to have a such law. The society wouldn't work at all and if people went outside, they would probably freeze to death.

I would just stay inside and never go outside my house. I'm not happy with how I looks and I wouldn't like people staring at me.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I wear clothes because everyone else does and it keep me warm. I do jealous why guys and take their shirt off during the summer but not girls. The piece of clothing created a boundary between people and it's not a bad thing. It's make people won't jump right in and judge how someone body looks. And of course that's base on a society that already have the sense of "clothing"

If a society never get the idea of clothes and everyone is naked. It possibly going to be very open minded also painful for some people who born "different " than others and want to hide their differences.

Nudism is good for so far but you can't just think cloth as evil. If there will be no cloth, human society may not be as advanced as we are in now, because how do you went through a cold weather? Winter storm? Bacteria infection causes by scratches which wearing a cloth could lower the risk.

0|1
    0|0
    • For the war, if there are no cloth you can't tell you is your enemy, but do you think just remove the cloth would make humanity totally loose their ambition and thirst for power? Or people would never get into a fight over some small things?

I think the way you judge cloth is unfair, and you have to consider what the good thing that cloth bring us and how can we survive with out it through thousands of years

I love to be naked at home because it's safe and I can remove my clothes to be "free" but I can't see a entire society doing this

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Very different, but it's impossible to say exactly how. It could be a fantasy land for sexual predators. On the other hand, their horrible bodies and shrivelled dicks might see them run off to live in the woods, making everyone safer.

0|1
    0|0
  • I doubt this would work as many people might think.

For a start, humanity would be restricted to warmer climates. Even temperate places would be pretty lethal in the winter months.

Don't see it happening, somehow...

0|1
    0|0
  • That's very interesting to think about.. Personally, i think people would get more comfortable with sexuality. So if they would make it illegal now, we would see a rapid increase of rape cases. And after somewhat years a decline. A really Big decline.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd have such a confused boner. So much I'd want to see that I'd get to, yet even more that I DON'T want to see that i'd be forced to😱😱😱

0|0
    0|0
  • We'd all be moving to the equator. No way I'm staying in Chicago with no clothes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just look up anthropological research on indigenous communities that don't wear clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd see a lot more stiff dicks

0|1
    0|1
  • Go have some sleep

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be really damn cold 8 months a year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't agree

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• 'clothes are the enemy'
    ... lol. Enemy in what way?

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol it's a quote from the movie the Seven Year Itch

• hm okay. I'm not familiar with that context but, based on what you've written above-
      I don't see what clothes have to do with sickness. It's not like wearing clothes increases your chances of getting contaminated with something. On the contrary, for the many people who live in countries that don't have scorching temperatures, walking around naked will lower their immunity and increase their chances of falling ill.

Clothes have an effect on war? I doubt ISIS would have any sort of mercy of you or be stupid enough to believe you're on the same side as them just because you're sans their trademark full-body black apparel.

You seem to be completely forgetting that, clothes aside, facial recognition and things like hair colour, skin colour, bodytype/height, etc.. are used above all else to identify i someone is our family, of the same race, etc..

• It would be really cold during the winter and a lot more people would probably get skin cancer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody on the streets in winter.

1|1
    0|0
  • Would definitely convince me to finally get fit xD

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be catostrophic to the world economy.

0|0
    0|0
  • perverts are everywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally believe in nudism. Myself stay nude when at home or in any secluded place. My daughter is also inspired by it. I don't see any harm.
    But at the same time thinking of other side, that is business and world economy, it seems impossible. Clothes have provided business and jobs to millions of people, and more millions who are in one way or other related to this field.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think we would live longer. We would feel more freeeeeeee. And wait then we would not have sexualized certain parts as much as they are which I don't know if I'm okay with... I mean I also think people would be more weird. They couldn't express themselves through clothes omg.

0|0
    0|0
  • we'd be forced to be nudists! I'll gladly pass. I mean guys would like to look at a girls body but that's rather embarrassing don't u think?

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't find my body embarrassing

• I do. my breasts are too big and guys my age find me ugly just judging from my face! I don't need pedophiles and predators begging me for sex!

Recommended myTakes