How can I make myself beautiful?

I was never one to wear makeup or weave because of how I was raised. I'm going on 27 and I'm tired of being on the ugly end of the stick. I have people say that I'm ugly and I have some people say that I'm beautiful so I'm very confused. I wonder who's telling the truth... the people who call me ugly or the ones that same I'm beautiful.

It just hit me hard today because I was driving and I made a mistake and made someone else on the road mad. He yelled out, "with yo ugly ass!" I'm very tired of (mainly black men) telling me that I'm ugly. My own baby's father never even compliments me. I'm African American myself.

I've been fed up with my baby's father about his ways and sometimes I feel like I'm too ugly for another man to want me and to top it off, I have a baby. I know I shouldn't be worried about these things but I am. I acknowledge a lot of beautiful women and here I am with bad skin and being called ugly.

Any advice as to how I can beautify myself without being unrecognizable to my true look?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• This question is kind of meaningless without a picture. What can anyone suggest? Get to a healthy weight? Get healthy exercise? Wear a moderate amount of makeup? Don't go crazy with extensions?

• Well I don't want anyone to see how insecure I am if they know me in real life and happen to use this site.

• Thank you

• Thank you for the MHO. I hope you work on feeling better about yourself. If there's anything I can do to help feel free to PM me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a black female. And yes black men especially can be hard on black women. a lot of black men have issues of their own but do make the way they feel dictate your happiness. Its so easy to let others opinions of you get to you and then you doubt yourself. You have to feel it in your soul that you are the most beautiful person inside and out. Your skin can be cleared with proactive or a good skin care regime. But regardless if you dont decide to clear your skin just know that a lot of people especially blacks are just very judgmental of each other as is.

• You're very right about that. Black people can be very harsh on each other. It hurts to know that out own people feel good about downing each other. I guess I have a lot to work on because people judge the beautiful and the ugly.

• And you're beautiful by the way