Girls, Is there such thing as a decent coverage foundation that won't kiss off?

Hey Ladies,
I am reaching out to you today for this reason because I have had this issue with drugstore foundations that I've used in the past. My foundation always seems to kiss off around my nose and mouth. After all is said and done, I also notice that certain parts of my face look cakey. I didn't start wearing foundation until Junior year of high school. That's when I was first introduced to it. Eventually, I started to get moderate acne and that's when I made it part of my daily routine to wear foundation everyday to cover it. Fast forward 5 years later and I am still wearing foundation everyday. I like the look of having a clear young looking complexion. My acne is now mild, but I have huge pores, redness, and some acne with an uneven pail skin tone. I feel so insecure when I look in the mirror sometimes. I don't look like a monster but I don't feel good. I miss my clear skin. I also get nervous about a guy seeing me without foundation because I feel like they'll up and leave and head for the road. I am confident in who I am but I don't feel beautiful because of my skin issues. I really want to look into getting laser treatment, but it's expensive and I am a college student so I don't even know if that's in the cards now. I just want to know of any foundations that won't kiss off... It's embarrassing when it does kiss off..

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• Use AHA/BHA Cleanser, Salicylic pads to clear up acne and then moisturize and hydrate your skin with toner, Micellar water is great to prep skin too... try to use a primer before applying makeup it might help with the pores and maybe try Estee Lauder doublewear, never breaks you out

1|0
    0|0
  • I recommend you BB or CC cream. Foundation or powder look cakey when you put it on.
    I don't put on make-up but I've tried it in the cosmetics store because I have terrible shitty acnes. But I feel better without make-up. I usually use deep cleansing face gels. They make my face feel fresh and clean.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's your exact price range?
    I have oily skin and largish pores, so, I try to use a silicone texture primer on my face then apply foundation.
    I love the Make up forever HD foundation, the Marc Jacobs 3 in 1 foundation, and the Tarte amazonian clay foundation. *disclaimer* I used the Marc Jacobs often for long work days (in air conditioning) and it lasted until that night if I applied primer.

0|0
    0|0
  • makeup forever hd foundation! that, with no primer, can last me over 18 hours i'm not joking even through sleep and a night at the club. you should also bake with laura mercier translucent because it makes your makeup stay on much better

0|0
    0|0
  • There are also finishing sprays and primers that will not let any of your makeup move, which is great. I'd suggest looking up really good ones and using them. There are good primers that "erase" your pores for the time being as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem isn't just the foundation.. The problem is You're not baking it down. I used too face born this way and it hides it all well then I use MAC setting powder and it doesn't move all day and all night long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you thought your acne might be made worse or be a reaction to you wearing foundation? Have you tried tinted moisturisers or BB creams?

1|0
    0|0
  • Try a beauty blender for even coverage and setting spray to make it last.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much anything water or smudge proof. Or you can try applying a setting powder after.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly no. No makeup is going to stay perfectly on your face for the entire day and night; however, more expensive makeup is much more likely to stay on longer, especially if you use hydrating creams and primers. I love NARS, it's expensive but really stays on and gives me a shade I really like - I also like MAC for more intense looks.

If you want to clear your skin up with lasers but are afraid of the costs, visit a dermatologist and ask about acutane. I had the worst acne, but now I have pretty nice skin by taking it for 3 months.

Good luck girl!

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a foundation, but try a setting spray or powder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try dermacol... it's around £10 on amazon (make sure to check reviews so you're getting the right one). It's meant to be the most full coverage foundation out there... more coverage that Marc Jacobs foundation... even kat von d's foundation which supposedly can cover tattoos. It lasts all day when set with a powder even if you have oily skin and because it's so full coverage you only need to put the smallest amount on so its really light weight. When I say you need a small amount, trust me, you don't need any more than a fingertip of it to cover your whole face with it and still get full coverage. It's amazing!!

0|0
    0|0
  • The hourglass foundation

0|0
    0|0
  • yup get true match lumi cushion

0|0
    0|0
  • L'Oréal infallible pro matte.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try bareminerals

0|0
    0|0
  • Mac studio fix - I've never looked back :)

1|0
    0|0
  • if i were u i would stop using any makeup- its bad for your skin and will only increase your acne. only total assholes are going to leave you for not wearing makeup but the majority won't even care. goodluck!

1|0
    0|0
  • You are beautiful without the makeup. I know so many people who have acne and acne scarring, and it doesn't look bad! Everyone is going to have a few imperfections, it's what makes us human. So what if you have acne scarring? A guy would love you for who you are, not what you look like. And if a jerk did walk out, well he doesn't deserve you. So please don't be worried about it, just be yourself, and sure of it makes you feel more comfortable in yourself, wear it. But wear it for yourself and not out of fear as you're beautiful with or without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe see a dermatologist? I have a friend with really really bad acne that left scars, even though there wasn't a lot of acne, it was just bigger pimples and such. She went to see one after two month waiting period and he gave her some kind of treatment, and her skin started clearing up!
    :) the girls in the comments have good advice tho too, prolly better.
    I use drugstore makeup and I get what u mean by it being cakey, even tho u put on a small amount. It gets dry. But then again I don't use primer or toner.. which would be best for my skin since it's like a protective layer of makeup. Goodluck sugar!

0|0
    0|0
  • First invest in awesome face cleanser (CeraVe or antibacterial Cetaphil bar soap) and a light weight moisturizer. I find no.7 works good for me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes