What's the difference with an hourglass and a inverted triangle or rectangle?

I am curious because I'm not sure which I am 5'2" and a D cup with a butt it's not big but It's about the same size as like vintage Britney spears/halsey but not as wide. And I'm 110 lbs. Usually people say I'm an hourglass because I have a shapely figure. But I'm also really skinny and my waist is flat and skinny but not that small in my opinion. Anyhow what's the difference with an hourglassinverted triagnel and a rectangle? Which should I follow? On how to dress?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Hourglass means you are big on top and big on the bottom with a small waist. Just like an hourglass. The triangle means you are big on top or in the hips/butt. Not both. I guess a rectangle would mean straight up and down. Never heard of that one before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hourglass - hips and shoulders are about the same width (+/- 1 inch) and the waist is at least 10 inches smaller
    Inverted triangle - shoulders are visibly wider than the hips which (the hips) are only slightly larger than the waist
    Rectangle - shoulders and hips are about the same width and the waist is only a little bit smaller (9 inches or less)

But at the end of the day, just dress however you want without following those bullsh*t articles about how to dress for your body type. You can see best what suits you and what doesn't.