Opinion on natural red hair dyed black?

My hair is naturally red but I'm so bored with it & it really doesn't suit my personality. I wanna dye it black but I'm kind of nervous. Opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say don't do it because you'll see the roots two weeks after dying your hair or even sooner
    maybe try a darker shade of your hair color? so that you don't have to dye it often
    or you could also make your own dye shampoo adding methylene blue (a blue liquid used on fish tanks, it's super cheap) to your everyday shampoo and your hair will look a bit darker and more brown than red since the color blue neutralizes the orange undertone, you won't have to dye it and the roots will never be visible

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Don't ever change your hair color because redheads are such a rarity these days I can't even name one natural redhead I know don't change your hair color it's beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • The hair color is your choice but if you dye it too much it can turn colors or even eliminate your natural color

0|0
    0|0
  • do what makes you happy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I had a (former) friend that was natural redhead dye her hair black and she honestly looked really ugly with it that color. Yes, you may be "bored" with your color, but you have NATURAL red hair. Not many people can say that. I say keep it red, but it's up to you honestly.

0|0
    0|0
  • just do it! There is no harm in trying out new things. However, I would start with a brown instead of black, to find out if you even like your hair darker.

I'm a blonde/brunnete but I dyed my hair red (the ginger red, not actual red) and I love it so much. Wouldn't want to have another color in my hair anymore, love red heads.

0|0
    1|0
  • Try it! !

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes