What are your thoughts on protective styling?

I've never used any hair extensions/weaves/braids/etc. before but I'm going to do some Senegalese twists for my cousin's wedding. Have you ever tried any? Do you have any tips? If you haven't used any feel free to leave an opinion anyways.

Senegalese twist

Box braids

What are your thoughts on protective styling?What are your thoughts on protective styling?

Faux locs/ goddess locs

217

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had box braids all my life, it's the 'easiest' hairstyle for kids and teenagers.
    I had weave 4 times. And crochet braids 1 time.

Based on my own experience, your head will feel heavy, when you do Up do's try to balance the weight of the hair properly so that it won't pull the front or the back.
    Wash your hair 1 or 2 times a week, try to moisturize your scalp while having this hairstyle. Washing your hair with exfoliating gloves could help if you keep braking your nails while washing your hair...
    Don't keep this hairstyle for too long, not more than 2 months. (I usually keep my box braids 3 weeks to 6 weeks, after that just pisses me off because I want to wash my hair right)
    Good luck