How can I know whether or not I'll look good with short hair?

I've gotten to the point where I'm tired of my hair and no longer want to deal with it. I'm a black woman with a coily hair texture and no matter how long it grows it shrinks up to my shoulders. Plus my hair is just so thick and frizzy... it takes a minimum of an hour (or two!) just to wash and style my hair. I would like to get it cut in the same style as diormarzette (random instagram girl whose haircut I love) just to save time and energy.

I'm just scared if I go cutting all my hair off I'm going to be crying and immediately regret the decision. I'm also scared I'm not going to be pretty. So how am I supposed to know if I'm going to look good or not? I do have a nice small oval face... and judging from when I slick my hair back in a ponytail I think my head is a nice shape. I'm kind of worried about how my body is going to look with it though... I'm very skinny with an athletic inverted triangle body shape (meaning, wide shoulders, no hips)... I don't want my haircut to draw attention to my shoulders. Ugh.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Cut it off. Or take a picture and edit it around your hair. It's one of those things you have to just do to know

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• With an oval face almost all hairstyles fit, so you're lucky. But indeed, I think your figure is going to be more obvious (especially your shoulders) with short hair.
    You have to make a pros and cons list. Then decide whether you want it or not.
    I recently cut my own hair off. One of the reasons was also the drying time. I cut it just slightly above my shoulders, but since my hair came to my waist, it was such a relief. I'm glad I did it though, even though I thought with my round face, it wouldn't look good and it would make me look even more fat. It doesn't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes