What can I do to fix my hair?

I got my hair bleached from (natural) dark brown to blonde in August kind of -- and oh man am I regretting it now, (I mean, it looked awesome when I left the salon) -- first of all, my hair styling skills are primary. As in, I can put it in pony tail and thats about it -- maybe a braid if the moon is right. But since getting it done I've tried so hard, getting the hang of styling it -- blow dry, curling it, etc. And now I'm left with this frizzy mess -- which I can tame if I straighten.

I don't really know what I can do anymore. If I wash it the night before and put it in a braid before bed that usually leaves a nice beach wave which is pretty alright, but still has a bit of frizz to it. I use a hair mask twice a week and that seems to help too. But I'm seriously getting annoyed. Anyways, I've thought of maybe just getting my hair dyed back to dark brown -- might that help a bit, or make it worse?
Updates:
***I stopped using my hair dryer and straightener about 2 months ago

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• sadly the best way is to cut it and wait for it to grow back.
    If you treat it well it will be heatly again

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your hair is damaged from the dye and all the heat it's been exposed to. I think dying it again doesn't solve the problem. Blow drying makes the hair also extremely frizzy. With my natural curls, I can't blow dry because it'd be a mess. So, that's the first thing I would toss away, if I were you.

0|0
    0|0
    • i've actually stopped using the hair dryer and such for over two months.

• Show All
    • which would you recommend? Right now I use john frieda

• Oh I don't know the brand name (it's not a popular brand) but it is with Moroccan oil and some other natural ingredients. No chemicals whatsoever. Most conditioners make my hair really sticky, but not with this one.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I feel your pain, my hair seems to be naturally frizzy.. If you find a solution, please do tell xD

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with @Lelaila
    don't ruin your hair

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I'd prevent using any more heat for awhile because it'll keep drying out the hair. I have really frizzy, thick curly hair and I use argon oil to tame it after its already been styled. Deep conditioning my hair also helps a lot with the frizz!

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you wash it with? Before you are braiding it, are you putting anything in it? Also, do you use a cheap brush? The cheaper the things you use the more likely you will end up with frizz. The brush is probably plastic which breeds frizz. I suggest getting a frizz free brush from a beauty supply store.
    As for products, get something a little more pricey. In the cheap stuff they use chemicals that cause frizz.
    Or if you want to skip all that, before braiding your hair use a little hair oil. You'll get the nice waves with less frizz.
    All in all though, if you want it to look good, you'll have to put in some effort.
    Dying it back to brown will help a small amount but its all in how you treat it. I would also only do those masks once a month as you may be adding to much protein to your hair which can have the opposite effect it it supposed to have

0|0
    0|0
  • Start using oils on your hair and wash it less often. I hate the condition of my bleached hair as well, but I try to take care of it as often as I can,

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes