Girls, if your brother wore pink fingernail polish to honor his dead mother or blue fingernail polish to honor his dead father, would it be awesome?

Pink for Mothers' Day. Blue for Fathers' Day. I'm basically meaning this 1 day each per year.

Say that he is not doing it to be effeminate or eccentric like George Clinton or Boy George but didn't adhere to social stigma that it is not masculine. He did it to pay tributes to them. If they're living, then the nail polish doesn't have as much imperative or initiative to be worn, just like sports athletes do for Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day. Dead or alive, doesn't matter. I believe it shows high class that if they're dead, to pay tribute with the nail polish. It shows he doesn't bind his life based on preconceived notions of societal acceptances but out of pure respect for a lost loved one.

Some men wear red, white and blue nail polish for Independence Day already.

Give me insight, please!!!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care, I don't think it shows a particular sign of respect if it means nothing personally. It's not a necessary act to show honour

0|0
    0|0
    • True but if that is his way of showing honor, it works for him.

• It is, and if it means something to him that's great and I'll respect it. But that doesn't have to mean I accolade him for wearing nail polish when I don't see it as a constructive way to show appreciation and honour

• True. What's important to you may not be to others and vice versa. I agree with that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• I find that very honorable. It's his way of showing his love for his parents, that's something he should express in his own way.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. A lot of people are using their social stigma against it into a factor that they can't see anything positive of its doing. You however, can.

• I don't really understand why he would do that honestly. Can't he just wear a shirt of the color?
    I never saw a guy wearing polish nails for whatever reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, it's not awesome to me, all he's doing is putting on nail polish? That's not a big deal at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother or father wouldn't appreciate it if he did.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure!

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be sweet of him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'd think that's cute

0|0
    0|0
  • What ever floats your boat i guess?