Long hair, good or bad?

Good day!

I've got long hair, right? Long hair for a guy, anyway. Goes a little above my shoulders on the sides, slightly lower in the back. I try to keep it in the back to have my face visible, and to avoid making my head look strangely wide. Dark hair, almost black, wavy when I don't comb it (looks way better untamed).

However, been wondering if I should get rid of it or tie it back. Some of my lads say it looks good tied back, some say it's better left flowing, so I decided to ask here.

Once I iron out the hair (no pun intended), I think I'll look a lot better. Might even reach average status. So thanks ahead for any assistance!
Yeah, I could probably just Google this. But hey, personalized answers are always fun to read. They're more trustworthy that way. Just a mental effect.

10