Is this outfit okay for a job interview?

It's kind of all I have. I went outside and the blacks don't match :( I know it sounds ridiculous but there is quite a difference​ between the two. One is more purple and one is more blue. Does it matter?

Is this outfit okay for a job interview?

Updates:
Hey guys I'm feeling really insecure about going to the interview today. Everyone in my family and some people on here are saying the heels are too high :( it's all I have. Would it be smarter to quickly grab a pair of flats somewhere? Don't really have the extra cash to be doing that but if I have to maybe I will
Hey guys!!! I got the job!!! LOL. And I actually ended up going super casual with black jeans, brown boots, black tank top and a jean jacket. Really glad I didn't go dressed in what I'm wearing in the picture. would have been waaaay too overdressed! Thanks for all your advice :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• While getting Job its important to look professional along with responsible. You satisfy both condition in this outfit from my point of view.

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay thank you! You don't think they will notice the difference? Between the colours?

• I don't think they will notice colors. On the top of that they will notice your talent.

• I don't have any talent lmfao. But I get where you're going

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you have a solid colored top? That way you can get away from the 2 shades of black but if your indoors, you won't be able to tell. I'd still go with a solid colors top of you can. With or without the jacket is okay.

0|0
    0|0
    • Without the jacket I have horrible gross back acne and this top is probably the nicest quality and non scubby looking thing I have lol. :(

• Then work with what you have girl! Is your hair long enough to put in a bun? Keep it professional. You'll be fine and good luck to you! 😉

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• you look pretty good, seems very professional to me

1|0
    0|0
  • if you don't intend to get a job in a rocker bar, that outfit is pretty much perfect for a job interview 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • Change the top to something white or cream and button the coat. Wear formal pants.. those look like yoga pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, doesn't reveal too much but shows you are classy

0|0
    0|0
  • I looks fine in the picture, though I'd switch to a shorter heel.

0|0
    0|0
  • looks nice to be honest

1|0
    0|0
  • ya a

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's a good choice for your interview

0|0
    0|0
  • yup girl go get it

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely gorgeous!

0|0
    0|0
  • Perfect

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the job but probably yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure about the zebra top, it's distracting. A plane top without stripes would be better.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not zebra lol it's just blue and white stripes and honestly it's the most professional looking shirt I have everything else is like band tees

• I think that ultimately, the most important thing about the outfit is how comfortable you feel in it. And how secure you feel in it. Then you can better focus on the interview, rather than what you are wearing. If those heels feel comfortable to walk in, then keep them, if they don't then change them.

• I'd suggest something like this if you want to get the job.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8819b6e976.jpg

0|1
    1|0
    • Agreed, looks really nice.

• I don't own any dresses or skirts. I think her skirt is way too short though it looks a little tacky in my opinion kind of promiscuous. Depends on what job she was going for I guess lol

• I'd hire her in a heartbeat.

What Girls Said 8

• you should buy some professional looking clothes then. this looks okay but there could be improvements. if you find yourself asking you probably won't feel comfortable and that's half the trouble.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't like horizontal stripes as shirts especially if you have a tummy... it may not look smart... the rest seems good!

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not (at least in belgium). It looks formal enough

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the interview for?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks good

0|0
    0|0
  • not those heels

0|0
    0|0
  • Switch to some other formal pants.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks nice. Parents can often be tapped for new interview clothes.

0|1
    0|0
    • My parents are dead lol but good idea.

• Sorry. Well if you have anyone mentoring you, you can sometimes ask them. Not as easy when they aren't your parents.

Recommended myTakes