Do split ends go away with time?

I am in the process of growing out my hair, but I may have some slight split ends. If I were to let it continue to grow out (while trimming it every 3 months - as per standard) until it reached the length I want to keep it at, then keep trimming it when it gets too long, will I eventually trim off the split ends and replace them with healthy hair? Or do I have to cut them off at the root before my hair grows out all the way?

220

Most Helpful Girl

• You can use coconut oil to make your hair stronger. I know it may sound very gross, but it actually does work. I've used it before. What you do is put warm or hot water (I don't remember which) in a bowl then you take another bowl with the coconut oil and put it in the first bowl. The water will melt the coconut oil to make it liquid so it's not chunky. Then you apply it to your hair and leave it in for about 30 minutes before washing it out. It should help with the split ends. You can use it twice a week or three times a week for a few weeks then you can use it once or twice a month.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I've already been doing this. The thing is, I don't even know if I have split ends or not. So I asked how to get rid of them just in case I do have them.