Suit Alterations?

My best mate is getting married in September. For the wedding party they opted for the groom's men to buy a suit rather than rent a tux. I went, bought the suit, and for a JCP special it's pretty good. That being said, I'd like to get a few alterations done to help make it look better. I have a few ideas, but I'm curious what yours are.Suit Alterations?Suit Alterations?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd have the jacket made to fit your shape better. Perhaps bring the shoulder area a little closer and bring in the waist. How are the sleeves?
    Also the pants look just a touch long. Maybe an inch hem on those. But it looks good other than that.

0|0
    0|0
    • The problem is that my shoulders are actually that wide. I was a swimmer so I have a very broad chest. I agree about bringing it in in the waist just a touch. And the same with the pants. sleeve length is good. leaves just a touch of shirt cuff

• Show All
    • No extra material.

• Sweet! well congrats on getting a inexpensive suit and have it look good!

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• I would probably have to see it in person in order to give an honest answer. From the photos it looks fine.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. It does fit just fine. I'd like to take the waist of the jacket in a bit, though. I had to buy a size that would fit my shoulders. so the waist is a little baggy

• Yup, see your point at the waist part. If alteration is not expensive, could go for it.

• I second that

• maybe it can be a little more fitting

0|1
    0|0
  • tighten the waist

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes