How to you feel about black peoples hair? (nappy hair for slang)?

i was wondering because my mom keeps telling me to wear my hair natural but everyone seems to hate it. its too hard to maintain for me. im too busy to deal with it so thats why i always wear weaves. what is your opinion on it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always gonna be people that will dislike something you do, wear, or the way one of your features is, so if you're not wearing your natural because of what other people may think, then you're doing the wrong thing.
    If it's because you're too busy to take care of it, then ok, I can understand that, but don't do it because you wanna please others. You're wearing a weave, which may be something that some people like, but there's people that prefer your natural hair, and dislike weaves. So whatever you do, there's gonna be people that dislike it, and it's ok, because we're all different, everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
    I personally am not a fan of very curly hair, but I know of many people that are a fan of it. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna fake it all your life for people like me, or are you gonna go natural because of you?

Long opinion, but you get what I'm saying.

1|0
    0|0
    • tbh i care so much about others opinions that id wear a weave if someone didn't like my natural hair. which is sad bc i already know that no one will ever be satisfied with my hair. there will always be that one person that hates my hair and that annoys me

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd only tell you to straighten/weave/idk it if it was easier to maintain for you. I had a super curly afro situation going on and yeahyeah natural beauty blah blah that shit was hard to maintain. I'm way happier now.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• totally depends on the beholder, but as a general rule, black people have wayyyyyyyyy harder hair to deal with so if you're happy with it, keep it

0|0
    0|0
  • Its your hair embrace it who gives a fuck confidence is what matters you can pull anything off then

0|0
    0|0
  • free-form dreadlocks or a fro.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you're saying all black people have "nappy hair"?
    Please say yes so I can prove you wrong

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• i don't think about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I looooove natural hair. As a white girl with short hair, I'm super jealous of black girls with afros. But if it's too much effort, girl, just wear a weave.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's only nappy when it's not maintained. Just brush and oil it everyday

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually just keep my hair straight.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes