Why do girls wear thongs?

Serious question. Why do girls wear thongs as underwear when it seems like they would be super uncomfortable? Like why would you want a little string stuck up between your butt cheeks all day? Also, doesn't it create problems where you could be potentially embarrassed badly? Like whale tail and if your pants fall or something and your whole rear is exposed to the world. Is there an actual reason that any girl would do this? The only time I understand it is if they are with their boyfriend and trying to be hot. Other than that they just seem uncomfortable and pointless to me.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear them if I'm wearing tight pants so as to ensure it won't show a panty line.

You get used to having the fabric up your butt crack. I don't even notice it anymore.

Why don't you try it yourself?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Because guys don't wear thongs. Thongs are for girls.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I've worn them since I was in high school, and once you get used to them they're not uncomfortable at all. I don't have any panty line showing through my clothing, and my husband finds them really sexy on me as well. I may occasionally have a "whale tail", but honestly, it's just underwear. Not a big deal.
    It's not just young girls who wear them - my mom is in her fifties and still wears thongs all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren't uncomfortable in the slightest, prefer them to other underwear.

1|0
    0|0
    • So it seriously isn't uncomfortable to have sting stuck in your butt like a wedgie?

• You can't even feel it, because it's so thin it's like nothing is there. The more square panties actually give worse wedgies bc the material gets wedged, but don't have that issue with thongs :)

• they're less fabric that bunches, they're pretty comfortable, they make you feel kinda confident and sexy because it's a secret no one else knows, they make it so there's no awkward panty lines... also what the fuck is whale tail?

0|0
    0|0
  • I barely even notice wearing them. The reasons to wear are comfort and no underwear lines with pants/leggings. Also, my pants never "fall off". WTF?

1|0
    0|0
  • they have a tendency to "lift" you butt, making it look more round. also, you don't feel them after a few minutes of wear.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, they're not uncomfortable. and they're good to prevent cellulite (this or wearing nothing or an underwear that covers the whole butt and it's not tight). etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps whenever you wear skin tight jeans/ dresses so that the outline of whatever undergarment you're wearing doesn't print.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's like a little sexy secret! ... Oh my gosh I just figured out Victoria's Secret. It all makes sense now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're comfortable and don't leave underwear lines.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL "pants fall off"? LOL.

1|2
    0|0
    • Like if they rip or fall down or someone plays a practical joke and pulls them down. Not like just randomly falling off.

• i don't know any girls that "pants" each other in front of guys. That would be mortifying regardless of your choice in underwear.

• Sometimes it's out of necessity. If we're wearing tight pants or a tight dress regular underwear cause "panty lines". Thongs don't show through tight clothes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

Recommended myTakes