What color should I dye my hair?

my hair is about halfway down my neck lengthwise, and I'm working on growing it out. it's dirty blonde. it's kind of thick, but has been thinner lately. it's naturally pretty straight. I'm white, but I tan pretty easily. I'm also a little chubby/thick. I have green eyes.

I want to dye my hair a fun color. I haven't decided on one yet. any ideas? I volunteer with kids and am hoping to get a job soon; will this impact anything? I put my favorites as poll options, but feel free to comment others!
  • what color should I dye my hair??dark blue
  • what color should I dye my hair??pink
  • what color should I dye my hair??emerald green
    Vote C
  • what color should I dye my hair??light blue/teal
    Vote D
  • what color should I dye my hair??silver
    Vote E
  • what color should I dye my hair??purple
    Vote F
  • other (say in comments!)
    Vote G

117

Most Helpful Guy

• although silver is nice. pink is the best no blue green or purple. there not good choices. for attending job interviews

Most Helpful Girl

• I've got dark blonde hair too, and I dye my hair from time to time. If you're not planning on bleaching your hair before hand, I would go with red/pink tones, since they look better when they fade. I dyed my hair purple and when it faded it looked like watery dirty grape kool aid. My favorite hair dye so far was Cerise by La Riche, it got over EVERYTHING (shower, pillowcase, etc) but the color was really pretty and strong and faded gracefully to a rose gold before fading all the way back to blonde. No matter what color you dye it, I'd suggest the "tub" brands, avoid the "bottle" brands. Avoid splat. Manic Panic is probably the most reliable across the board.
    Also its not a huge decision picking what color to dye your hair, since unnatural colors completely fade out in about 2 months, so you have a clean slate to start all over again!