Am I racist if I use this?

Hey guys! So I want to use this black clay mask everyone is talking about saying it's amazing, but with this cultural environment we live in right now, is it in bad taste that I, a White male, use this type of mask? I have tried looking for this in White but I have had no luck, there is only Black.
Is it racist and considered "Black face"? I have already seen many people being called racist because of this.

Please help, I don't want to offend anyone, and I know Black people are very sensitive nowadays so I have to be very cautious. Thank you for your help :)

This is the face maskAm I racist if I use this?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is so dumb. You're not going out pretending to be a black person, you're just using a skincare product. And black people are not overly sensitive. THAT statement is completely racist.

2|1
    0|1
    • This is why I'm confused

• What is there to be confused about? Are you using the product with the intent to pretend to be/portray a black person? Or are you just a normal person using a skincare product who isn't so dumb that they feel the need to ask such a stupid question?

Most Helpful Guy

• For one, this isn't blackface. Blackface needs the big lips to actually be blackface. You are just wearing a black mask basically, it's only racist to the ignorant people and the substandard intellectuals, which are sadly reproducing at an alarming rate right now.
    So in conclusion, this isn't racist at all, but ignorance can confuse it as.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know it's not black face, but I don't want people to think it is and think I'm racist. It wouldn't be the first time this happens

• I'm just providing clarification in case anybody tries to say it is to you in the comments. But like I said in conclusion.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• and this is why we can't have nice things.

1|1
    0|0
    • Troll? Again, it's not a troll. People have had to apologize because some thought it was black face

• It's just a face mask unless you go out of your way to make fun of black people and/or pretend to be one. Then it is black face.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's not my plan, but I don't want to be seen with it and accused of doing black face

• Show All
    • I live in a dorm room, that's my problem

• Then stay in your dorm room with some baby wipes.

• it is only racist if you are doing it with the intention of offending or mocking black people, or if you are using the mask itself (not it's cleansing effects) to receive attention. Just don't go out in public wearing it

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not doing it in an effort to look black or mock someone, so no, it's not. You're just using a face mask, not everything needs to be made into a big racist shit storm.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's only racist if you post it with inappropriate commentary by it. just clearly state it's a product for facial cleansing

0|0
    0|0
  • Not racist, just don't make some racist comments if you post a picture of yourself with it or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • No u r not

0|0
    0|0
  • Just you wanting it to be

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want it that way but I know people who have gotten in trouble for this. I don't want to offend black people

• Show All
    • I am asking if it's racist, yet you are accusing me of being a troll. You don't have an answer to my question.
      If you look at another guy's opinion you will see I posted to links where people were accused of being racist and doing black face because of this. I don't want this to happen to me

• My answer was ''just you wanting it to be'' not because you don't like it its not an answer
      Like I said just use the damn face mask and don't post about it

• no its not

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg you're eyes are beautiful! And it won't make you racis and it's charcoal so it has to be black! lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok I thought you were that girl in the picture!!!😂

• No hahaha

• I thought you were a girl asking until I pressed on the question lol anyways it wouldn't make you racist and it's just a face mask that maintains your face it's not like it's paint.

What Guys Said 16

• Bro everybody is sensitive in this day and age.. But "Black" people ain't that sensitive.. Cmon nah.. Also, you making some stupid comment with the mask on.. But naw it ain't racist, gon ahead and use it, and stop being a goofy.. LOL..

1|1
    0|0
  • this is the funniest post I've seen all day :D hahahaha no mate, don't be a fucking dick if your serious. Any person black or white who says using a face mask is racist can suck my white dick. (It's actually pretty tanned)

0|0
    0|0
  • it's only racist if you make it racist for one it's a cosmetic item that you use in your home it's not like you're walking around town showing it off are you? major troll.😏

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not a troll. Scroll down to another guys opinion where I explain

• my bad, but yeah just do it when you're alone and don't post any photos of it or if you do make sure to have the container the face mask comes in in the photo.

• no, it's not blackface. if you covered your entire face eyelids and all then painted on huge pink lips, then yes it would be. but it's a cosmetic item you use in your house it means nothing

0|0
    0|0
    • That's what I thought, but I don't want people getting confused.
      Thank you!

• I wouldn't walk around in public with that mask on (for your own safety and not wanting to be misunderstood)

0|0
    0|0
  • ! Be careful with that stuff. I used to use it but it destroys your skin!! recommend getting a different mask you can wash off, I'm using that rn.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've heard good things about this tho.

• Nice troll bruh.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm sorry you think it's a troll, but there's been cases of people being accused of being racist, one even appeared in the news

• Show All
    • I know it's idiotic, but I live in a dorm, with a roommate, and you know how in dorms people storm into your room without knocking, so I don't want to be seen with this mask on and be accused of black face

• My advice would be, "Fuck 'em". You know that your intentions are good, the rest doesn't matter. Accusations without the benefit of any evidence are emotions over substance. You don't have to compromise on perfectly acceptable behaviour just because some dipshit wants to make it into something else.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 If you don't have racist intent, then I don't see the problem

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Only being a racist makes you racist. Fuck everyone else, do what you wanna do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bruh.

0|0
    0|0
  • How in the Fuck is that even remotely racist?

0|0
    0|0
  • Use it and don't post it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What is your intention of using it anyway?

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't see the guy in the picture who is he some invisvle guy

0|0
    0|0
  • If you aren't carrying around a bucket of fried chicken you should be ok

0|0
    2|0
    • That's racist...

• Show All
    • So? If i wer carrying a bucket of fried chicken, that means its racist against black people. Lmao

• It's just another way to be the victim

Recommended myTakes