One of my biggest insecurities is how broken out my skin is. Anyone have any tips to clear it up?

Or common mistakes that a lot of people make?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guessing you tried all the creams and all the face washes already. I had stubborn acne since I was 12 and only recently did it start clearing up. Sometimes the problem is internal and not external. Try cutting dairy out of your diet and eat healthy. It should take a couple of months to kick in so don't give up within a week. If you want, ask your family doctor to prescribe you an antibiotic (either oral or topical). I prefer topical since oral gave me esophagitis. These are the 2 things I'm doing and it's the only thing that worked for me after trying literally everything

Most Helpful Guy

• Hot showers open pores, which leads to them getting clogged and causing breakouts. So take a normal shower, but finish it off by spraying ourself with cold water.

Less sugar and fat in your diet also helps. Hard as it may be. You don't need to eliminate it, but cut down a bit.