One of my biggest insecurities is how broken out my skin is. Anyone have any tips to clear it up?

Or common mistakes that a lot of people make?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guessing you tried all the creams and all the face washes already. I had stubborn acne since I was 12 and only recently did it start clearing up. Sometimes the problem is internal and not external. Try cutting dairy out of your diet and eat healthy. It should take a couple of months to kick in so don't give up within a week. If you want, ask your family doctor to prescribe you an antibiotic (either oral or topical). I prefer topical since oral gave me esophagitis. These are the 2 things I'm doing and it's the only thing that worked for me after trying literally everything

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hot showers open pores, which leads to them getting clogged and causing breakouts. So take a normal shower, but finish it off by spraying ourself with cold water.

Less sugar and fat in your diet also helps. Hard as it may be. You don't need to eliminate it, but cut down a bit.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• A common mistake is that people with greasy skin tries to dry it out instead of moisturizing it.
    Another is not cleansing.
    A third is trying to treat it instead of preventing it.
    Last but not least: watch what you eat.

There you have it, my formula to (almost) flawless skin. (I het a few pimples now and again, but it really is minimal.)

0|1
    0|0
  • Drink LOTS of water... cleanse your face EVERY Day according to your skin type. If you have dry skin.. go for a creamy cleanser... if you have oily skin... go for a more neutral light cleanser. Eat healthier. If that all does not work you may have to go see a dermatologist to see if their is a deeper underlying problem. Good luck. !

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Don't use soap when showering, except in you hair twice a week, and eat plenty of fruit.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes