Is leg hair really that disgusting?

I love wearing dresses and skirts, but im often told "if you want to go out, then either shave or wear something else"
and i really dont like shaving so i often wear leggings when going out.
but the weather these days has been really hot, so i have to shave.

is it really that bad too have a bit of leg hair?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your way too concerned with what others say or think. Be comfortable and happy in your own skin. If they don't accept that and try ridiculing you, they're not friends and you need to drop them.

2|0
    0|0
    • it's actually mostly family members Who tell me

• Show All
    • well happy anniversety then :)

• Thanks and most appreciative

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think it's unattractive looking, sorry :l

0|0
    1|0
    • nah dont apologise, your not the only one who thinks that after all

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• Back in the last century, women started shaving their legs. It had to do with higher hems and silk stockings, later nylon stockings.

It really has become the cultural norm.

I don't prefer natural leg hair on women. For me, it takes a little getting used to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't speak for others , but I speak for myself. I don't find it bad. If you have hair all over your body including on your pussy , I don't care. But if people say some things to you , and if it bothers you , you can act in ways you feel best. That's your choice. But be happy with what you do.

4|0
    0|0
  • Only if you want to find a mate to fuck since most guys prefer shaved it seems. Personally I don't care about leg/armpit hair or not (not a fetish but not going to be disgusted either). I prefer hairy pussies anyway, that is definitely a fetish of mine.

1|0
    2|0
  • No because women didn't shave leg hairs until May 1915 in an issue of Harper's Bazaar that they targeted leg hairs as uncomely upon women and their minds started developing a distaste in leg hairs. Ask any woman today why she shaved her armpits or leg hairs and she'd tell you to look pretty or it's cleaner but the reality is that magazine revolutionized the start to leg shaving in women in may 1915. prior to that, it was unheard of for women to do it.

2|0
    0|0
    • I wish I lived in that era haha

• Show All
    • Technically you can but people will judge you for it.

• Yeah they already do lol

• not at all, there is literally nothing wrong with a girl having hairy legs.

3|1
    0|0
  • You can think our lovely media to that.
    Even for men the question of hair removal is raised based on the media, especially magazines.
    For women, magazines (and other forms of media) show hairless bodied women with shiny skin and perfect hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't bother me unless a girl looked more like an animal and what i mean by that is if i can't see her skin at all. Its up to the individual kinda like women who car about if their guy has facial hair it shouldn't matter

0|0
    0|0
  • Reading some of the responses, I don't understand why people say "I'm too busy to shave." How long does it really take? I sometimes work more than 40 hours a week, live by myself, and I still come home with enough energy and time to cook, to clean, to shave, to do these and other chores daily. I don't work a job where I just sit at a cubicle for 8 hours, either. People are just trying to justify their laziness by pretending that they live such busy lives.

Leg hair is disgusting, yes. But women don't really have to concern themselves with what society expects or wants from them anymore. I wouldn't date a girl who doesn't shave her legs and armpits, though, because in my experience, it has told me a lot about their own character. (Lazy, not interested in looking good, often stuck-up, using their refusal to shave as a way to "rebel" against the "patriarchy").

0|0
    3|0
  • Up to you what you wants to do. But I thinks shaved looks better.

0|0
    1|0
  • if it isn't very obvious it isn't a problem i think

1|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• Hair is not disgusting we think that because everyone does it due to shortage of nylon during war time.

Who does this benefit? Shaving companies.

Hair actually feels softer than shaving. Shaving causes more infections, bumps, black heads. It feels more prickly. Test this out keep one patch hairy and the other shave - you will feel the hairy one feels much much better.

Come on now, we are all mammals not reptiles. I don't understand why men hate body hair on women.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you feel comfortable going out with unshaved legs, girl you go right ahead. It's your body, you do what you want with it. Don't let anyone else dictate how you live.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have two friends who really don't give two shits about their leg hair and they wear dresses and skirts all the time.
    I admire them for their confidence and their ability to not give a shit about what people have to say about their leg hair (and in all honesty, I haven't heard anyone around school talking about their leg hair anyway).

2|0
    0|0
  • Go ahead and do what you like to do. Don't let people judge you.

You're a human, not a chicken meant to be plucked and roasted.

5|1
    0|1
  • Fuck the guys that say leg hair is gross. You aren't dating them.
    Honestly, if your goal was to be on a date that day, I say a shave is considerate to the date.

Other than that, who really cares? Personally, I feel like I need to shave after a certain amount of days. But I don't mind showing a little stubble. It's hot, I am a busy woman, and time waits for no one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I never shave my legs - but the fact is - I hate exposing my body in public so I wear long sleeved clothing and jeans. When it is hot outside - I wear short sleeved clothes - but jeans are still there.

0|0
    0|0
  • society tells us it is but thats not the sole reason i shave. honestly i hate feeling my own prickly legs its uncomfortable and gross so i shave a lot in the summer. usually i deal in the winter when i have pants on

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's disgusting of course I never wear dress or skirts because of it but I don't really like them anyway I don't think you should care what other people think I admire people like that because That's what makes you beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally find hair on the legs gross, it's not really socially acceptable either and most guys will be put off by it. If you're okay with all that though then sure, go for it.

0|0
    1|0
  • You don't have to go along with what society says. Do what you feel most comfortable with, whether you shave or don't shave, completely own it. After all it's your own body and you have to feel happy, don't please others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes