Am I to young to want to wear makeup?

Is it bad that I want to wear it sometimes? I wouldn't go all out about it but I would want to have really good eyebrows and wear different kinds of lipsticks but my mom said I'm not old enough to wear make-up​. I have money to go and buy make up but I don't know how to do it and I do want to get into trouble for wearing make up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a lot of girls start experimenting with make up in middle school, so you're fine.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're already pretty and you don't need it, but as a woman I get it. Just wait the 2 more years :) your momma is probably is denial like most of moms are that our babies are growing up

2|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Yea she is.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 20

• Lipstick doesn't look great on anyone, especially when you're young. Tinted lip glosses generally look less intimidating and are a bit more fun.

That aside though, you're really not to young to start experimenting with it so long as you're doing it as a "for you," thing and not for other people. It's mostly just a giant pain in the ass, but, if you get into it, it can be fun.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't wanna spend all my money buying unnecessary things though if I get too into it is the problem lol

• That's the hazard of any hobby though, really. If you find something you really enjoy, then sooner or later, you are going to throw ungodly amounts of money at it. xD

• I started wearing makeup at around 11 or 12 (I think). You can totally wear makeup if you want to. But, like @tsmithiam said, you don't need it. You're beautiful just the way you are

2|0
    0|0
  • Its not too young. Lightly applied is good. But your mom has the say so. Ask when you can wear it. Or at least ask her if you can demonstrate what you want it to look like. Maybe than she will see its not so bad.

2|0
    0|0
    • She'll probably wear it when I'm 18. It wouldn't be like an everyday thing if she did allow me.

• Why do all girls even want to wear make up? I don't get it. Are y'all just not confident with your looks and feel the need to hide your actual look from everyone?

0|0
    2|0
    • Um, I never said that I wasn't confident in my appearance. I like how I look. I just thought I'd be fun to learn some cool ways to do make up.

• Show All
    • Make up is bad for your skin. I think people look better without it anyways. Some girls act like make up is all they live for

• I wouldn't want to be one of those girls and yes I know that it's bad for ur skin but I still want to experiment.

• Girl hell no! Lol but you're very beautiful without it just so ya know! Never forget it 👌🏽

1|0
    0|0
  • you're old enough! I wear it and I'm almost 16. maybe don't go all out for an everyday look, but there's no harm in eyebrow pencils and lipsticks. don't let anyone stop you from being you!

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe wait until you are a little older, you don't want to ruin your skin. Makeup is a beautiful way to do art on your face however once in a while or on occasions it would be a nice touch to your look.

2|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I love makeup but I wish I would've waited till university to wear it

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn't start wearing makeup until I was 16 and even then it was only a bit of mascara/lip gloss! I think it's fine for you to start experimenting, one day when you're older you'll naturally find what's comfortable for you 😊

2|0
    0|0
  • I didn't start wearing make up until I was 16. so I think its fine but then again she's your mom and probably hates seeing her little girl grow up.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fine for girls your age to wear makeup, as long as it's not TOO much, like a full face of glam makeup, I don't think that's appropriate. Minimal/basic makeup would be fine though in my opinion.

Of course, your mother's opinion is really the only one that matters here since you still live with her. You can try to talk to her and mention the specific items you want to wear and talk to her about how you would wear it so she can approve the look. Maybe that would be a good way to compromise.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that's too young.
    I wore a little bit back then.

2|0
    0|0
  • you're not too young lol 13 year olds these days wear even more makeup than adults do

2|0
    0|0
  • I started to explore makeup around your age. So no worries

2|0
    0|0
  • No! Express yourself.

2|0
    0|0
  • not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • be yoself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you are young for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • i was in 8th grade when i started wearing fondation... light foundation.. then i started doing my masacra freshman year... now i just do foundation, masacra, powder, eyeliner.. blush.. im gonna be 18 in 1 month

2|0
    0|0
  • You're so pretty you don't even need it but it is fun to wear makeup because sometimes it gets boring looking the same way everyday. I think you should try to be honest with your mom, tell her you just want to wear a little, nothing crazy, see if she will compromise with you maybe.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes