Best shampoo or remedy for combination type hair?

Combination hair type: Where the roots tend to get oily but the ends are dry especially if the hair are long.
I really haven't been able to find a good shampoo that cleans my hair without stripping them of all the moisture. If I put too much moisturizer then my hair get limp and lifeless. Any suggestions would be helpful!

93

Most Helpful Guy

• Go see a dermatologist and a nutritionist lol...
    In all likelihood you might also need to change your diet.
    Its due to hormonal changes and other women issues !!
    This is common among women in our households...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm looking for something myself lol, yet to find one. But I do have a few tips. What you should do is, when you clean your hair with shampoo only do that with the ROOTS of your hair, on your scalp. Then rinse it off. Then get the moisturizer and apply that from the mid section of your hair to the ends. Dont apply it to your scalp or it will become greasy faster when it dries. As for shampoo, DONT apply it on your ends coz they are the "old" parts of your hair, and shampoo lets your hair dry coz it strips the natural oils when it cleans.
    Also, DONT dry your hair with a towel, that breaks your hair. Instead, get a cotton tshirt and dry your hair with it. Its waaaaay better, makes your hair way softer. I've been trying it since nearly a year now. (I dont know how the method is called but u can just google "the tshirt hair drying method" xD ).
    And one last thing, if you want a shampoo that doesn't make your hair dry like crazy, make sure its sulfate-free in the ingredients.

I hope this helped :)

• Ooooh and another tip :
      If you want to measure the exact amount of shampoo/moisturizer you need then put your hair on one side, take your thumb and any other finger, put all your hair in between and then lock your thumb and the other finger together, basically, your fingers are wrapped around your hair, dont close your fingers too much or open them too wide, just as much as the hair is. And then, while having the tip of your fingers still touching , as they form a circle around your hair, trace it down your hair and see how big is the circle, THATS gonna be the amount of shampoo or moisturizer you need (let me find you a video to show you how its done, I don't know if I explained myself well enough xD )

• The second tip is more interesting one! Noting it down 😎☺ Thanks!

• Glad you girls liked it! :D