Do you consider the opinions of others when you get dressed?

Serious question. When I get dressed in the morning I dress for me. If it flatters me and my hair looks good TO ME I leave happily. I have horrible self esteem and over the years I found myself much more content worrying less about how others saw me. I see HUNDREDS of questions a day concerning how others think they should look and I'm curious is anyone agrees with me on only worrying about my opinion of myself.

119

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, cause the kinda pieces i wear are already "out there", its not like your regular everyday thing. So i know ill get stared at or receive any (unwanted) opinions
    As long as i feel good and look good and not like a total jerk, im satisfied. Plus im ready for any laughter, cause at the end of the day i still get the most compliments from randoms on the streets, who do understand fashion (and girls really love it to)

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people seem to feel that way.

Personally, I just dress how I want to dress. What I like , and feel comfortable in. Others people's opinions of me are irrelevant.

No matter what you wear or how you look , you'll be judged. So that's why the only opinion that should matter... is your own

Obviously I'll take other people's opinions or views into consideration on some rare occasions . For example, if I went to a funeral i wouldn't be pig-headed and wear just anything I wanted. I'd dress appropriately out of respect for the family of the ceased person. I'd dress how they'd expect me dress at their loved one's funeral.

If I went to some sort religious ceremony of a friend , I'd wear appropriate clothing. I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Just out of respect for their religious beliefs really.

I don't care about people's opinions of me , but I do care about their feelings That's why in certain situations I'll take peoples feelings into account. ie like a funeral etc and wear what's appropriate for the situation or environment I'm going into