Do you consider the opinions of others when you get dressed?

Serious question. When I get dressed in the morning I dress for me. If it flatters me and my hair looks good TO ME I leave happily. I have horrible self esteem and over the years I found myself much more content worrying less about how others saw me. I see HUNDREDS of questions a day concerning how others think they should look and I'm curious is anyone agrees with me on only worrying about my opinion of myself.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, cause the kinda pieces i wear are already "out there", its not like your regular everyday thing. So i know ill get stared at or receive any (unwanted) opinions
    As long as i feel good and look good and not like a total jerk, im satisfied. Plus im ready for any laughter, cause at the end of the day i still get the most compliments from randoms on the streets, who do understand fashion (and girls really love it to)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people seem to feel that way.

Personally, I just dress how I want to dress. What I like , and feel comfortable in. Others people's opinions of me are irrelevant.

No matter what you wear or how you look , you'll be judged. So that's why the only opinion that should matter... is your own

Obviously I'll take other people's opinions or views into consideration on some rare occasions . For example, if I went to a funeral i wouldn't be pig-headed and wear just anything I wanted. I'd dress appropriately out of respect for the family of the ceased person. I'd dress how they'd expect me dress at their loved one's funeral.

If I went to some sort religious ceremony of a friend , I'd wear appropriate clothing. I wouldn't want to offend anyone. Just out of respect for their religious beliefs really.

I don't care about people's opinions of me , but I do care about their feelings That's why in certain situations I'll take peoples feelings into account. ie like a funeral etc and wear what's appropriate for the situation or environment I'm going into

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yours is the only opinion that really matters. If you are happy with your appearance then you are good.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one "dresses for themself". Every fasion sense and design was created by someone else. Whether conscious or not I'm sure other people's opinions are being or have been factored into your decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not here to please anyone else
    Just myself in everything.

The way I see it you either like me or you don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife will tell me what others will think. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I like the opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I always dress for myself. Sometimes other people like it and sometimes they don't. Mostly, I get positive feedback. I wear a lot of furry things and kids always want to pet my coat and stuff. I don't care as long as long as strange adults don't ask to do that... creepy:0

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to dress for others- now I don't and it feels so much better and I'm a lot happier with myself. Keep up what you're doing :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely. I think almost everyone does to some extent. There are certain things you wear it don't wear to "fit in" and be "appropriate ". Honestly if I was only dressing for me I'd walk around in sweatpants and a bralettes most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont because I believe in my sense of style, creativity etc and I usually dress to portray my personality. However, I usually get opinions whether I want em or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't necessarily about everyday things but when I'm getting a dress or an outfit for a particular occasion I do like some opinions 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes