What is your favourite style of tattoo?

I know there are so many others like dotwork, script, geometric, etc so if I missed one let me know in the comments cause I ran out of poll options. Also if you'd be interested in mytakes about tattoos you should let me know, especially tell me any questions or topics you'd like to hear about. If you are wondering I really like realistic tattoos, watercolour tattoos, and a mix with traditional and realism.
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Realistic
    Vote A
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Tradition
    Vote B
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Neo-traditional
    Vote C
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Watercolour
    Vote D
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Tribal
    Vote E
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?new school
    Vote F
  • What is your favourite style of tattoo?Japenese
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
also I like some script
Firstly the second option is suppose to say traditional not tradition (oops). Secondly if you don't like tattoos that's great and your prerogative but that isn't what I'm asking. So if you don't like tattoos either don't comment or look at the tattoos and view them as art (since that is what they are) and tell me what style of art you prefer.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Watercolor and realism. Also blackwork is amazing.

1|1
    0|0
    • *People who comment just to be rude are so sad... Constructive criticism of something is one thing - and IF that was the Q. If it wasn't... it's just an indication that those kinds of people are very lonely and sad...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• I thinks the realistic , the Maori and the tribal tattoos is a bit cool. I do also think small tattoos looks cool. Although I'm not a huge tattoo fan and don't want one for myself or my partner, I still thinks the art can be cool. I likes the designs and the skills. But I thinks no-tattoos looks best because I likes seeing the beauty of the natural body.
    enwill.net/.../...dlife-Panda-Tattoo-On-Foot-1.jpg

media1.popsugar-assets.com/.../...-Inspiration.png

slodive.com/.../small-dragon-on-girls.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • i quite like Japanese style but im least type to get that same with tribel i dont deserve that ether so ill take new school and realistic

1|0
    0|0
    • i wanna get more tats on me but gotta lose bit more weight first

• Show All
    • yea ment in that way not family related

• I have a tattoo planned for me and my boyfriend but it won't be gotten until we are married for at least 10 years (and our marriage is doing good obviously) So at that point we would be together 20 years (between dating and marriage) and so if we are still super happy I think it would be fine and even if 10 years after that we divorce that tattoo I got will still have symbolized 20 amazing years of my life so I don't think there would be any regrets

• Zilch. Zero. Tattoos are like a bumper sticker on a Ferrari. Trashy.

0|1
    2|0
    • On update...
      You don't get to dictate how people will answer a question you post. That's not how this works.
      So get over yourself. Tattoos used to be for service men and bikers. Now everybody things they're dome kind of celebrity with their 'ink'. And then bitch and whine when no one will hire them for a decent job. The only people that think they're 'art' are those that have them. Everyone else wonders what else they're compensating for.

• you don't get my point... the sketch before being put on the skin is art as it is a drawing... so if you don't like tattoos fantastic I don't care but you can still comment on the art aspect whether you are referring to it while it is still only on paper or when it is inked in the skin. Also I have never heard a tattooed person bitch and whine because of lack of job prospects. Yes I think it is good to make awareness that we should be able to get jobs but I also recognize that tattoos may have a chance of lowering my prospects so I get them with that understanding that I may be denied jobs.

• I didn't vote because there was a "prefer none" option. I respect other people's decisions but I'm just not into doing things to the body which are permanent. I just don't find it attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Little flowers, or hearts, something small, and cute, in some very intimate place, and she likes suggesting that she has some, if only I can find them!! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always preferred elaborate and artistic yet realistic tattoos.

I don't want any myself, but they're nice if they're done well, aren't cringey or an impulse buy, and is something original.

I really hate seeing the same 5 stupid/ugly/trendy types of tattoos on people over and over again. It shows no thought process or creativity in what should be something that's not taken or done lightly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have tattoos but I like the tasteful and artistic ones , especially if they're sentimental

1|0
    0|0
  • I like ones that are styalised and colourful.

I don't have any but I would like to get some one day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is that actually you in your profile pic? Why do you look like an avatar?

0|0
    0|0
    • ummm yes that's me and I have no idea what you are talking about... also this isn't relevant to my question

• Show All
    • Lmao that's surprising because of your skin complexion. Or maybe I'm just weird. It's the first time you've gotten this isn't it?

• I voted realistic, but I'm not a fan of tattoos :o

1|0
    0|0
    • I can appreciate not being a fan of tattoos but thank you for viewing the artistic side of it!

• You're welcome :D

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• If the guy has one I am hoping its a military one for the branch of service he was in.

0|1
    0|0
  • the realistic ones

1|1
    0|0
  • realistic or water colour :)

1|0
    0|0
  • My tattoo is a celtic tribal tat. Its a yin yang about the size of your palm on my hip.
    I actually got told by the artist he was pleased i was getting such an ambitious tat as my first. Its not super complicated but its not the little simple symbol most people get as their first.

I like all sorts of styles. The next tat i plan on getting im thinking is going to be a sort of abstract storm surrounding the yin yang.
    Or a kind of water lily on my other hip.

The yin yang represents both my connection to my mother (currently regretting that side of it but whatever), my fear of cycles that the good doesn't last forever and the bad will come around again eventually but then the good is still around the corner too. Its also to represent harmony, that everything is balanced and that life doesn't dish out more than anyone can take. You just have to make that choice to keep barrelling through.

The storm im thinking of getting would help to hone the meaning in my yin yang and the water lily is simply because that hip likes to give out on me and hurts like absolute hell at stupid moments. When that happens the pain tends to blossom out from one point the way a flower does.

I dont have any specific style in mind but a mix of abstract and traditional i think is the direction i want to go in.

1|0
    0|0
  • Watercolor are the only tattoos I like.
    www.capellistyle.it/.../10-1.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Japanese, though 'real' japanese tattoo's are so painful when they are tattoo'd the traditional way.

So to look at --> Jap. not to get one myself xd

1|0
    0|0
  • Neo traditiona and realsitic. But i've heard that realsitic tattoos usually fade a lot

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think style determines fading. I think it has more to do with the artist and the healing process, and how you look after it after it is healed

• I like the tradition and realistic styles. I have a tattoo of irises that were done in the realistic style, and I love it! I do like color tattoos, but black and grey shaded ones are my favorites

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a geometrical watercolor tattoo that I LOOOVE

1|0
    0|0
  • watercolor tato and i want to draw it by my self haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes