Is it weird I prefer girls who dress modestly over girls who oversexualize themselves?

I just prefer it when a girl knows she's beautiful but has enough self respect to not show off everything to everyone. Like she doesn't wear pants that are really low, or shirts where you can see her clevage, or show her midsection.
It just seems that if a girl dresses in a oversexualised way that means that she is more interested in getting attention then having a genuine relationship.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I am the same way. Usually when she dresses more modestly, it's more comfortable than tight sexualized outfits. From my experience, women dressed modestly are more relaxed, and they are more fun to be around. All of this results in a higher frequency of attraction towards those who dress modestly.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• It's not bad to have a preference but thinking this way is. A girl who dresses that way is not doing it to sexualize herself. I enjoy wearing crop tops because I like the style of them as well as I see nothing wrong with showing skin.

2|1
    0|2
    • It has nothing to do with what a girl wants in a relationship haha, I know you've been taught that women who do this are sexual and stuff but they are just stereotypes and you have to try to get out of that mindset :) I am in a very serious long term relationship and still enjoy wearing crop tops AS WELL as I am asexual! haha

• I respect your preference. sometimes women dress that way for themselves too though. it's not weird for you to prefer modest clothes

3|1
    0|0
  • It's not weird, everyone has different preferences.

1|2
    0|0
  • No, it's not. You surely think of them as girlfriend more than anything.
    Like if you search a stable relationship it's normal to be attracted to more modestly dressed girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't like clothes... so I wear what's comfortable, don't care what shows

0|1
    0|0
  • The way you dress doesn't define the respect you have for yourself.

2|0
    0|4
  • I don't like dressing like that I'm to selfconsious

0|1
    0|0
  • so that means you won't like someone romantic like me

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird at all.

1|2
    0|0
  • your very smart

0|3
    0|0
  • ... Yet you are still going to check out Sabrina's breasts which are hanging out of her shit!

0|0
    0|0
    • Who?

• A random name of a chick who lets her boobs hanging out of her shirt.

• It's fine for you to prefer what you prefer, but please do not say that women who dress less modestly have less self-respect. That isn't true at all, and it's rude.

2|1
    0|3

What Guys Said 11

• Hi RyanEC: Good question you pose: Yes you have answered that one yourself. And it makes perfect sense. I am the same in your thinking, modest is best. Thinking about it now... Some girls don't have to advertise their beauty. They know they have got it and that is enough for them... I will look into this question more later and -address -the problem in more depth..

0|1
    0|0
  • Same here.

The only thing that's a bigger turn-off than a girl dressing like a prostitute is when they try to justify it to themselves as "empowering" or "not about sex."

teawithoutsugar.files.wordpress.com/.../...com.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not weird mehn.. I really do feel ya, although I would still give it to either one but I think I'd be more attracted to someone who dresses moderately.

0|1
    0|0
  • Those are the girl you want. Good man 👌 I'm the same way. I notice the ones who show off all there goodies are the most materialistic women out there And they only want guys that look the best vs inner beauty. The inner is the most important.

0|1
    0|0
  • It may not be a question of self respect, but more of insecurity or media hype. It is up to the girl what she wears, but a beautiful girl is beautiful no matter what she wears.

0|2
    0|0
  • Meh. you're fine. Im the other guy you describe. Its just a preference.

2|1
    0|0
  • That's not weird at all. I prefer women to dress the same way.
    Girls don't have to dress slutty to look beautiful.

0|1
    1|0
  • True, i feel the same..

0|2
    0|0
  • Not weird at all. I like thkse type of girls too.

1|1
    0|0
  • I know what you mean

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but I'm the same way. I can't stand how women oversexualize themselves and then complain about women being oversexualized.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes