Why do gorgeous people get treated differently?

I have a friend who's very pretty and is always noticed by guys. The other day we were shopping and she said how expensive these shoes were that she wanted and the guy working gave her $10 off! Stuff like that doesn't happen just to normal looking girls lol. I'm just curious why strangers tend to treat pretty people different. I've tried telling her that the stuff that happens to her isn't normal but she just always acts like it's not true.

1523

Most Helpful Guy

• Good-looking people usually always get a free pass. Where I used to work, we had two buildings, one had the Operations people (have-nots), the other one had Technical Support (haves). One day, I saw a company newsletter that had pictures of the student summer-hires. Most of the ones assigned to Technical Support were foxes and hunks. Most of the ones assigned to Operations were overweight, unattractive nerds that looked like they couldn't get a date. It's not right, but that's how the world operates.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• because they're attracted to it. woman, men, are scientifically proven to be inclined to think a person is better (more sucessful, more honest) if they're pretty. they then get free things, or are treated more nicely with more smiles and eye contact -qq the downside is that some extroverted guys get shy around them, so it's kind of a bummer too because it's more difficult to talk normally to the opposite sex. pretty girls don't get only the good side, and neither do average and ugly ones xD it's just a matter of perspective

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE