Why do gorgeous people get treated differently?

I have a friend who's very pretty and is always noticed by guys. The other day we were shopping and she said how expensive these shoes were that she wanted and the guy working gave her $10 off! Stuff like that doesn't happen just to normal looking girls lol. I'm just curious why strangers tend to treat pretty people different. I've tried telling her that the stuff that happens to her isn't normal but she just always acts like it's not true.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Good-looking people usually always get a free pass. Where I used to work, we had two buildings, one had the Operations people (have-nots), the other one had Technical Support (haves). One day, I saw a company newsletter that had pictures of the student summer-hires. Most of the ones assigned to Technical Support were foxes and hunks. Most of the ones assigned to Operations were overweight, unattractive nerds that looked like they couldn't get a date. It's not right, but that's how the world operates.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• because they're attracted to it. woman, men, are scientifically proven to be inclined to think a person is better (more sucessful, more honest) if they're pretty. they then get free things, or are treated more nicely with more smiles and eye contact -qq the downside is that some extroverted guys get shy around them, so it's kind of a bummer too because it's more difficult to talk normally to the opposite sex. pretty girls don't get only the good side, and neither do average and ugly ones xD it's just a matter of perspective

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Hi Kamiink09: The reason is this: Pretty people have to be treated differently because of the hidden sadness they carry deep inside of them. What you see of them on the outside is completely the opposite to what happens to them on the inside. Just because they look good doesn't mean they feel good. Hope this makes sense to you...

2|1
    2|1
    • If you think someone is pretty on the outsides means they could have sadness on the inside or they could not.

• @MysteriousDarkness Yes. But why take the risk? What I mean is... People shouldn't be judged on their looks. For example: You see a beautiful woman and you hate her. She could be a heart surgeon for all you know... It might make no sense to you yet. You will get it eventually.

• @RokFerry I totally understand. I have been with my girlfriend for 3 years 8 months. To me she is the best looking woman but you might not like how she looks which would not change the career she has. Who are the pretty pro let you are referring to?

• Not sure. I can say there is a difference though, I lost 45 lbs over the last year and recently started upping my style game. It's night and day how I get treated now vs a year ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people like good looking things. It's human nature to desire what looks nice and treated with care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its because guys want beautiful and gorgeous women noticing them and maybe do things to where they will go on a date with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are all that matters today... the better you look... the more good opinion people have about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Most people are materialistic and shallow duh

2|0
    0|0
  • Stupidly thinks that the 10 dollars off will help him bang

1|1
    0|0
  • that's because most people are shallow af so nothing can be done about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • those people are seriously stupid and retards who does that

0|0
    0|0
  • you itself so gorgeous and i think you should also be treated differently..

0|0
    0|0
  • beauty is welcomed in this world, it gives hope that dreams are real.

0|0
    0|0
  • What makes a person gorgeous is subjective. Never heard of someone being normal looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • people like them

0|0
    0|0
  • Same with handsome Squidward, it isn't fair :(

0|0
    0|0
  • The same happens with VGL guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its lust lady, just lust.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're envious then, get over it.

0|0
    1|0
  • who knows. it's a shame though huh

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're the ones that everyone is into

0|0
    0|0
  • She'll recognize it once she hits 40.

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• MAN She is LUCKY lol I have never seen an attractive person get discounts off of anything , and I know some pretty good looking girls XD I guess sometimes attractive people get treated differently, sometimes they get treated better, and sometimes they get treated worse. It all depends on the situation in my opinion

2|0
    0|0
  • If you're beautiful, have a powerful status , or if you are wealthy , society will always treat you differently. They'll also treat you with more respect. I've seen quite a few social experiments regarding this. It's amazing to see just how shallow minded society is as a whole

0|1
    0|0
  • because they're flirting with her... and want her attention​because she's pretty... I mean dependent on how she looks if she's like Victoria secret model pretty it makes sense that she's treated a certain way considering people like that make careers out of their beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because he wanted her to buy the shoes so he gets some cash verses nothing.

Or maybe he had a voucher and was being nice.

0|0
    1|0
  • Guys don't want to ruin their chances of getting with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh wow!! So different! How old are you? It was a sale thing!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is influential.

0|1
    0|0
  • The world is superficial. That's just how it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're gorgeous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because beauty is seen as power.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because beauty is accepted everywhere

0|1
    0|0
  • because whats inside doesn't matter anymore. only the exterior does. yes we're living in these horrible times

0|0
    0|0
  • "No one cares unless you are pretty or dying"
    so sad but true.

2|0
    0|0
  • People will deny it, but life is easier for very attractive people.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes