People say not to get a tattoo Why not get one?

Tell me what you guys think

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just think very carefully before you get one. Once it's on where it is, that's it. Make sure that it's something special to you, and remember that tattoo removal is usually a drawn out process that leaves scars.

Say you get one on your forearm. Then when you go looking for jobs, the company tells you that you violate their uniform policy because you have a visible tattoo. Or maybe you get one that you think is cool because it supports a group or a cause. Later on you might get labeled and ostracized for having a tattoo like that on you.

I got one shortly after I turned 18. One of my best friends went with me when I got it, and I went with her when she got hers. We swore we would always remember each other since we were together when we got our tattoos. A couple of years later I went to her funeral. Life definitely made mine a lot more special later on. It's also why I only have one: if I get another one, it's going to be something truly extraordinary and unique, and just for me. I learned that a hard way with the first one.

I share this so that hopefully you will think very carefully about getting one in the first place, and especially what you get and where you get it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When you're of age - 18 or 21 (depends where you live) you do what you want.
    Teenagers are fanciful people... they want one thing one time and a few weeks later they're completely over it...

Put the pic of what you want to tattoo on a wall (look at it EVERY DAY) - keep it there for a year (or in your case keep it for at least 4 more years) - if you still like it get it when you're of age. If you don't... you have your conclusive answer.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Basically because tattoos are trends. At some point they will not be trendy anymore, and you are stuck with it. There are other reasons as well, like you grow older and realize the design you picked for your tattoo doesn't really fit your personality... or it's a symbol that means something completely different ten years down the road. I would at least wait a few years. You are going to be a completely different person at age 22 and who knows what you feel about your tattoo then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're fucking 14 and shouldn't even be thinking about anything else than your education. I got my first at 24, best decision i ever made. A friend of mine got his first tattoo when he was 15yo and deeply regrets it. You're still a kid, don't rush looking like an adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't like them, especially on women. It's more graffiti than art to me and kind of looks "dirty". I don't know how to describe that but like I might be thinking a woman is beautiful, nice skin etc and then come across the tattoo and it just looks "ugly" and out of place to me. Like someone took a beautiful painting and put a big blob of mud or tar on it. In my mind, it truly is ugly and don't know why people do it to themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • its your life... and you should which you really like... society will definitwly find blame on evrything we do.. good or bad.. so leave their thoughts.. for them to comment is just timepass... so leave them.. love and do the things you wish to do in world.. keep going... get tattooo... sent me the pic ones you tattooo your favet tatoooo ;-)

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to greatly consider if you want a tattoo, sometimes you get one that seems fashionable at the time but ends up tacky in a few years.
    I would say get something small that means a lot to you.
    And a lot of guys find tattoos quite attractive, of course if they aren't tacky.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know I used to say when I turn 18 I'm getting a tattoo. I'm 26 now, still no tattoos. Would you like to know why? Because I'm too lazy to go get one. If you're not lazy like me, get one. If it doesn't bother you that you don't have one, then don't get one. It's all up to you. But make sure you get a meaningful one, not a that looks cool because I've only just seen it but after a few years I'll be bored of it one.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's your choice to shorten your options for men. Some men won't care, some will maybe like it if it's the type they like. Other men will be completely turned off.

I find it a major turn off, your choice

0|0
    0|0
  • every body and their mother has 1, you stay in a more elite group by not getting 1. they're not for everyone anyway and they use to have a true personal meaning to the owner. now people get them, cause everyone else has them. lemmings

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree. By the way, your age shows as 13. Is that right?

• no didn't feel like pressing the screen a thousand times, plus it's funnier if I'm 13 with the knowledge of a 47 year old who never grew up, age just a number till you dead

• You are 14. You don't even know what you do tomorrow, let alone what you will do in a few years.

So obviously it's a really bad idea to do something permanent like a tattoo.

0|0
    0|0
    • tomorrow I go to school and in a few years I graduate school

• Show All
    • Stop psychologically projecting. Unlike you I am chill.

And I am recommending you not to, because sometimes waiting and maturing is the better option. If you still want to get some tattoo, that's on you. But then don't complain one day that no one warned you.

• dude I'll get it when I'm of age and it will mean something to me

• Tattoos are awesome, the only real concern is getting something that you may end up not liking or regret later.

0|0
    0|0
  • personally I don't like a girl with tattoos... but I am not a Australian so I don't know much about your local preference... and your Choice...

0|0
    0|0
  • It will be on your body your whole life. Consider putting something unique & meaningful on you body so you don't regret the choice you made.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever you want. I think people object to it because if you change your mind... your kind of fucked

0|0
    0|0
  • they age unfortunately. but tattoos have meaning (or they should)

0|0
    0|0
  • you just 14 your body still grow having tattoo now will get spoil when you're muscles expand with age that's y

0|0
    0|0
    • when I'm 18

• Show All
    • I would not get a tattoo on my pelvic area

• get on your wrist or back because on arms or anywhere else it get spoil with your age

• they're ugly, bad for your health, expensive and painful to remove, and fade overtime.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally can't tell you not to get one. I have 10. it's up to you. it's your body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything I pick today; I will hate next week x"D

0|0
    0|0
  • get one.. it will boost your immune system..

0|0
    0|0
    • How will it boost my immune system

• Show All
    • There is also the danger that your immune system could over react and you could have a severe allergic reaction. I have not heard of it occurring with tattooing, but it certainly is possible.

• get it from a good place.. if the place is dirty or the colours are not of quality then chances are there but if it is clean chances are less..

• You're 14

0|0
    0|0
  • Not good idea to take a tattoo that young. Your mind can and will change and there is big possibility you end up regretting it. I'd wait until 20+. And even then when you have decided what tattoo to take, wait for a year and see do you still want it as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • once u have one its permanent, it can never be changed or removed (well removal expensive and hurt like hell). my wife had a few she removed and myself as well.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Wait until you are older to get a tattoo. I am 19 and I still don't have one, don't want one. But when you get one, just research stuff about them, like best places to get them and best ways to clean them and ways to prevent them from fading, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they say that because it's hard to remove a tattoo ones you decide you don't want it anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • I say do whatever you feel like doing

0|0
    0|0
  • Regret?

0|0
    0|0
    • what

• Show All
    • I want a tattoo but when I'm older

Recommended myTakes