Beauty: blessing or curse?

Are there really only advantages?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to assume you're talking about base attractiveness, only on the physical scale and not coupled with personality. It is widely known that being cute, or even being hot, has many, many (almost unfair) advantages.
    If I had to come up with the disadvantages, I'd really have to wrack my brain to come up with ways being good looking could be bad...
    So for now, I'll just say one possible disadvantage that I'm reasonably sure of...
    -People treat you differently than they would if you're ugly. Some will be kinder to you for NO reason other than how you look, and you'll never know their true nature until you see them talk to someone else. Some will be too intimidated to even approach you, and you may miss out on some really good friends that way. 😰 Either way, you'll never know if someone only got to know you because you looked pleasant. It could seem... shallow.

Not a bad disadvantage I guess...

0|0
    0|0
    • Another: You'll be hit on by much more people, which wouldn't be bad, except that also includes jerks and other undesirables.. This will be ceaselessly occuring until you grow too old. This possibly ranges from being a nuisance to a peeve.

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew a girl in my school who was really pretty, very extraordinary. And had many guys who liked her, but by her senior year in high school. All the guys she was cool with hated her, because they thought that all she does was lead them on. She got super depressed about that. However, she was sort leading them on so, I guess it was bound to happen.

And another like extraordinary girl I knew she had the hardest times dating guys, because she said they didn't care anything more about her than her looks. Which would really suck. But she was really nice, so I felt super bad for her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• 90 percent advantage, 10 percent disadvantage. Being attractive has benefits for jobs, dating, and in general how well liked you are. The only disadvantage, would be constantly being chased by people interested in you, and other women not liking you because they're jealous of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being neautiful is great, it mrans you can marry men like Roman Abramovich, who dosn't wamt to be married to Roman Abramovich.

0|0
    0|0
  • If good looking people didn't have their looks, they would be left empty handed haha

0|1
    1|0
  • it can be a curse only if you are nt grateful for all what u have

0|1
    0|0
  • here's the thing , you get to be you, you can get more reactions for doing less, you can get stuff more easily than other average people such as meeting new guys/girls, finding a partner to do a homework, hanging out... etc
    its a good confident boost, you get looks and compliments often , you're more at peace with yourself and who you are.

however there are disadvantages, sometimes some people will hate you for the mere fact of you being more attractive than most people around you, they will have higher expectations for you, its easy to be nice to people but at the same time if you're not feeling all chatty on a certain day those of the opposite sex who wanna date you will think you hate them and will treat you with coldness..

0|0
    0|0
    • you can make friends easily but can make enemies just as easily.
      if someone wanna date you but you never act like you like that person they will avoid you and act like you did something really bad to them.

the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages by a long shot though so it does make life easier, sometimes i wonder how guys who never get attention from girls manage to date and get married, i feel they have to work extra hard to reach what i take for granted.

• you can get out of serious situations very easily..

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

1|0
    0|0
  • A blessing with some possible downsides.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great for others, bad for you

1|0
    0|0
  • I see nothing wrong with beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty gives it's own unique insecurities, doubts and trust issues perhaps. Insecurities less attractive people will never know
    Am I right?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• No one wishes to be ugly but there are really no advantages like literally none besides liking what you see in the mirror, zit zero. And before you call em ugly I look better in real life and I am telling you the truth. I have more sad stories than good ones, my whole family don't even like me, I wish my mother was better looking because we would get along.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a blessing because then you won't have that insecurity that you aren't being liked just because you are ugly.

It's also a blessing because people are usually nicer to you because you are more beautiful (usually).

You can focus on other things, like school and not have to go to the gym or waste money on make up.

0|0
    0|0
  • This term beauty can't be really defined.
    It absolutely differ from person to person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its whatever you make it to be. Play up your strengths

0|0
    0|0
  • Blessing... .

0|0
    0|0
  • both

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a blessing but also a curse for sure