Why does lipstick make girls instantly more confident?

A girl at uni only initiates long looks and initiates conversation if she's wearing lipstick. Otherwise, it's like I barely exist and I have to initiate everything. What is it about lipstick, that makes girls more confident?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't make girls more confident... it makes HER more confident.

I hate lipstick!! Ewk!!
    I like lipgloss that leaves a tint in rosy natural...

Anyway, everyone has something that makes them feel more or less confident... one thing does not apply all.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly don't care about makeup on women. I believe it is just a cover up.

0|0
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• no real correlation.. i notice that if i wear a nice lipstick color its gonna enhance my facial features and make my lips more glamourous

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a matter of hygeine and grooming. You would feel less confident if you skipped out on a bath and didn't bother combing your hair, right? Feeling clean and going through your normal grooming rituals makes everyone feel confident. For some, that routine includes lipstick.

0|0
    0|0
  • More likely, the days she makes the effort to put on lipstick are also the days she is feeling more confident or has more time or energy to chat. Not the other way around. If the lipstick was what was giving her confidence, she'd wear it every day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is it red? I've researched that guys like the color red on girls because nature lol. Like i remembered it being connected to sex. Maybe its bc red=blood=hunting=food=something males want. Similarly, red lips on a girl makes a guy want a girl? ahh ill do a bit of more research lol its interesting. Maybe she too knows about this and only finds confidence to talk to you when wearing red lipstick bc she knows it makes her more attractive in your eyes...

0|0
    0|0
  • It could just be that it makes her feel prettier and it gives her the confidence to talk to you. Also she may have heard that men pay more attention to a woman wearing lipstick because lips are sensual or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe she feels more beautiful i have this effect while wearing heels... ypu are feeling prettier, or in my case taller :D this makes you more confident

2|0
    0|0
  • Some girls just feel more confident when they're a little done up, their creativity is displayed like a beautiful piece of art so what's not to show off and use as a confidence boost?
    On the other hand, it can also be psychological. Personally I wore lipstick as a way to draw attention to my mouth when public speaking for a long time. To me, the attention was drawn to my words. So now, even years later, I feel as though I am being heard louder and clearer when I have lipstick on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure, I don't wear lipstick or gloss but I'm guessing it brings attention to their lips and mouth. My mind goes to a blow job. But that's just me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes you feel better looking, even the action brings more confidence because the motion of applying make up and primping sends signals to the brain that you look better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no lips, they are not kissable, straight and meh so I don't like putting lipstick to highlight it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes their lips pop and stand out more. Plus they get to mark their territory with lipstick kisses all over the place. 💋

0|0
    0|0
  • No what a stupid belief to behold.
    Wearing a lipstick can be part of personal grooming.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's because of how society upholds make-up.

0|0
    0|0
  • you're basing a lot off of one detail.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use blistex does that count?

0|0
    0|0
  • it's confidence in a jar!

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe because of their color

0|0
    0|0
  • It just does. Women can sometimes feel bland when they are not wearing makeup.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes