Facial products for girl with oily face?

I'm a powder-lip balm kinda girl (I don't know how to put on makeup πŸ˜‚) and I'm currently using Maybelline Clearsmooth All in One but it doesn't last very long. Actually I think it's also causing pimples πŸ˜“ If there's any alternative product that you can suggest, please feel free to do so, thanks ❀

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I too live that oily skin life! A few products that have BASICALLY changed my life are:
    β€’ Primer- BECCA Ever Matte Poreless Primer
    β€’ Foundation- Estee Lauder Double Wear
    β€’ Moisturizer- MAC Oil Control lotion
    β€’ Translucent Powder- Urban Decay De-Slick Compact Powder
    β€’ Setting Spray- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

**Some tips**
    When choosing products keep likes with likes. For instance, do not choose a primer that is oil based and then on top of it a foundation that is water based. Oil and water do NOT mix and your foundation will begin to splotch up and move around on your face.
    Drink lots of water, eat veggies, fruits, and cut out as much fried foods as you can
    Always moisturize your face with an oil free face moisturizer. Over drying your skin will cause it to produce even more oils because it'll be trying to stabilize itself.
    Dont touch your face
    Keep your hair off of your face as much as possible

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• You should be exfoliating and moisturising your face with oil free products. Then you can use a primer to minimise the shine of the foundation; once again, use an oil free version.

Use a foundation stick, nothing with liquids or powder because it will combine with the oil and look funky. Im not sure what your budget is but I use high end brands. I use Napolean Perdis; costs a lot but lasts me so so long! Lasts me about a year, but depends on how much make up you use! 😝

0|0
    0|0
  • I suggest you go on YouTube and watch some tutorial that could help you a lot.
    Oily face? simple just wash it and don't put noting on it. I have dry skin I put one cream or baby oil and I'm good to go.
    I do not trust in​ these brands anymore, they are getting more expensive and I see no results...

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing you use is powder? That's probably why your face is oily. Try a moisturizer. I love OLEHENRIKSEN Transform. Its a sheer light moisturizer that smells wonderful. As for the pimples, make sure you are washing your face every night. I keep makeup wipes on hand for that purpose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look up Korean skin care routines. Helps immensely!
    Don't forget to moisturize! Oily skin is often because your skin is actually dry and your body is over compensating.
    Get a translucent compact and apply throughout the day as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are rice papers you can dab your face with to absorb excess oils on your face. They work like a dream. If you are oily it can have a lot to do with your diet. You want some of the body's natural oils to keep your skin from drying out and keep it healthy but excess oil probably means you aren't eating like you should. Drinking enough water and your diet are a huge factor in having skin that is too oily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have combination skin so find using a good cleanser/moisturiser routine makes a huge difference to my base. I don't wear make up all that often, but use the Kat von d powder for foundation and it's been great.

0|0
    0|0
  • hmm what stops oil for me a ton is the clinique acne solutions mask! i am also using peter thomas roth irish kit set thing that comes with a mask, applicator, and face wash and that has been awesome. always set your face with translucent powder ( i use laura mercier). even if you aren't wearing makeup still set your face with the powder and it will help tone it down. neutrogena has oil blotting sheets that are amazing as well. i recommend clay masks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oil free products from Clinique or MAC. Don't use harsh cleansers or else it will make you more oily. I use MAry Kay oil mattifier and MAC Primer. It makes makeup last longer and your face oil free for quite awhile.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use the Coalface soap from Lush, it removes all traces of oil from your face so you have to exfoliate after.

www.lushusa.com/face/cleansers/coalface/00233.html

0|0
    0|0
    • *Apply moisturizer, not exfoliate.

Just don't use anything too heavy or greasy.

• gosh, i have the same problem. except i wear make up- a lot.
    maybe if you find out, let me know your secret because god this would help me a bunch.

1|0
    0|0
  • Use an defoliator brush, a regular tooth brush or an exfoliate glove on your face every morning along with a facial wash. That's what I do and my skin is so much less oily. Makeup tends to break your skin out do to the chemicals and other products they use in them.

Also, get yourself a nice hydrating facial moisturizer. It's important to keep your skin hydrated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use a cream cleanser if helped out my skin a lot.
    And using a lotion (I know lotion) helps keep you face hydrated which keeps away acne. I put a lot of oil in my hair so I alwaus had problems but hydration and not using your hands (washcloth instead) to wash you face helps too

0|0
    0|0
  • You use all natural products for your skin care and use serums
    Weekly yogurt masks
    Don't touch your face
    Moisturize
    Exfoliate

Use matte makeup for oily skin

0|0
    0|0
  • try bareminerals, It's suppose to be good for your skin and hopefully that will get rid of your oily face and also your acne problem

0|0
    0|0
  • I have combo skin with an oily t zone and acne prone chin.

In the shower I use mandarin facial scrub, oatmeal and honey scrub my queen Helene or something with tea tree.

Before I go to bed I use these pads... they really help and are for sensitive skin, so they don't dry you out.

m.bedbathandbeyond.com/.../1012533900

0|0
    0|0
  • try neutrogena pink grapefruit collection, the wash gel works wonders!

0|0
    0|0
  • First you need a great cleanser. I used to have bad bad skin and I use cetaphil antibacterial bar soap allow with their moisturizer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep some blotting papers handy, and use them whenever your skin feels too greasy. They're great to use on the go. Any brand would be great, NYX, Mac blot film, Clean & Clear, or whatever you feel is the best. There is also one from the Sephora collection, if you like using a cushion compact. Use translucent and mattifying powders over your foundation, I recommend Elf, Ben Nye, and Makeup Forever. I also suggest using foundation with a matte finish. For cleansing, generally use products with a mud texture, they tend to not feel greasy. For example, Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud, it's a purifying cleanser gel.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can get a opinion from beautician for better results

0|0
    0|0
  • Try baking soda the natural method or you could visit a dermatologist.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes