Gals any tips on wearing heels/heeled boots?

I've just got some to wear to conference tomorrow and have never worn them before.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't advise wearing a brand new pair of any heeled shoe for something you are presumably going to be walking and standing around a lot, but if you're keen on wearing them, practice now. Wear them at least an hour or two around the house, on hard and soft surfaces, or out while you run some errands. Definitely practice walking if you're unsteady on your feet. If they are pinching, hurting, making you scream inside, cute or not, don't wear them, because you will be miserable the next day. Tomorrow, if you're standing a lot, make sure you sit down and gently roll your ankles in circles and massage and stretch your calves to give them a break every hour or so. Bring emergency flats just in case.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• If you have never worn heels before my suggestion would be don't wear them.
    If you will be sitting primarily you may get away with them but if your feet aren't accustomed to the feel of being abused like that, then your feet with get very sore and make you walk funny

2|0
    0|0
  • oh boy. you really should wear them for several hours to get used to them it's a horrible idea to not break them in. put them on nowx and wall around with them on, sit with them on. your feet need to get used to them.

also wear them with a couple pairs of socks on so they won't be so tight on your feet tomorrow when you wear them without socks.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wear them around your house a few times and feel really secure in them. Walk in different ways that will improve your confidence and reduce the possibilities of making a fool out of yourself! 😜 have fun with them, don't walk too fast, wear an outfit that really bring em out.

2|0
    0|0
  • Heeled boots are more comfortable compared to regular heels, I feel that there's more support around your foot.

1|0
    0|0
    • there's no way I could wear normal heels I'd snap it for sure

• Hahaa, it's all down to practice, you have to just break them in a bit before anything. There's a lot of cute boot heels that seem professional as well. Good luck!

• Practice walking around with them on around your house. Also, here's a weird tip that I love. Tape your third and four toe together. It puts less stress on the ball of your foot. I always use athletic tape because it stays on without coming off. Sewing tape also works. After you come home and are done for the day, put vaseline on the soles of your feet, wear socks over that, and then wear those overnight.

1|0
    0|0
  • Walk slowly take your time, put them on and walk around for a while in them at home tonight. Try to put more weight to the front of your foot but still let the heel give you some traction. Good luck, your feet will hurt take another pair of shoes for when your not in front of anybody. The shorter the heel the easier it will be to control walking, don't start off with a stiletto. I'm sure it will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boots are easier than open ankle shoes but either way you really should wear them today. As long as you can to get practice and comfort before the event.

1|0
    0|0
  • practice walking in them for a bit! and wear thicker socks to prevent blisters. but you'll want to bring Band-Aids in case!!

2|0
    0|0
  • Start with something low because your feet and calves will kill you. Make sure to wear good socks (or those weird sockette things) because you don't want to blister.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put one foot in front of the other, maybe study some runway models walking. And also if you have wide feet then you're in luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Practice now. and one foot in front of the other to avoid looking like you're wearing a diaper.

1|0
    0|0
  • i always wear an new pair around the house for a few hours before i wear em out... just to make sure they're not too stiff and that i can actually stand em

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't wear them, but if you're determined, practice in them and get a feel for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cannot walk in heels but I am trying to balance my feet

1|0
    0|0
  • Just rock em. You might want to bring an extra pair of shoes though, in case you want to change later on.

0|0
    2|0
  • I've done so many conferences before that have been business professional attire and I know your pain (I broke in 5in heels in the Texas Capital and I regret it)
    Boots are going to be more comfortable than heels.
    Buy Dr. Scholls inserts and use them
    Wear sandals or flats while you're walking and then change into your heels when you're presenting or being seen from head to toe (we all do this).
    Walk around in them.
    I had boots that were a little bit too small but I stuffed them with tightly crumpled newspaper and it helped widen them out.
    Best of luck and have fun!

0|0
    0|0
  • Good luck. I hate heels 👠!

1|0
    0|0
  • Practice walking in your house

0|0
    0|0
  • Boots don't hurt much but heels do. Practice walking in them

1|0
    0|0