Way to treat infected earlobes at home?

I come home from Camp Wayfarer tomorrow and I just realised my lobes are infected from my new earrings so what can I do tomorrow to make them stop hurting?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe go back to your piercer to ask for some help
    but you can still soak them at home with some warm saline solution and then drain the pus away from your earlobes pressing on it
    and you can add some wound wash to clean it

what kind of jewelry you have in your earlobes?
    also make sure your jewelry is good quality and not some cheap sterling silver or low grade stainless steel.
    and make sure that the earring post/or piercing jewelry is not too tight (it might be pressing too hard against your piercing and not letting it "breathe" and not accommodate for swelling) or too long (it might be moving too much)

i am someone with several ear piercings.. just saying.. am sharing personal experience with you

1|0
    0|0
    • I've had my ears pierced for quite some time so I don't know who pierced them but I think my earrings were too tight/bad material
      Thanks for the advice : )

• you will have to change it for a better type of earrings
      you're welcomed :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• You could be allergic to the metal that those earrings are made from. Take all earrings out, soak your piercings with warm salt water, let them calm down.. And after they're back to normal, put in your old earrings that you never had any problems with.

0|0
    0|0
  • warm water and sea salt
    soak a cotton ball and press against your ear several times a day till it feels better

0|0
    0|0
  • Are they newly pierced or just new earrings in old holes?

0|0
    0|0
    • New earrings in old holes.

• Just take them out, give them a wipe and a squeeze with a cotton ball soaked in peroxide or dettol then leave earrings out for a few weeks.
      If any pus came out when you squeezed give them a wash with warm salty water a few times a day

• Peroxide works well but could sting a lot so you could dilute it down first.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother used to treat it with mixture of oil and turmeric. It used to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • take them out, wash your ears, wait a few days, then put in other earring. desinfect the earrings you were wearing

0|0
    0|0
  • Neosporin. That works with EVERYTHING. Unless it's serious, then you need to go to the doctors.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe hydrogen peroxide

0|0
    1|0
  • Salt and water

0|0
    0|0
  • Peroxide

0|0
    1|0
  • If there is pus you may want to see a doctor for proper medication. If it's just red and irritated mostly, try cleaning with rubbing alcohol, Hibiclens or Iodine once or twice a day. Keep your ear lobes as open to air as you can. Switch to small hoops if possible.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes