How to make my hair grow faster?

Hi ! So I'd like to make my hair grow faster. I already stopped using my hair dryer and my hair straightener, but if you have another tip I'd be happy to learn about it !

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Apply a bit warm oil on the scalps. Have cold showers.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It would help to know your ethnicity and what type of hair you have since not everyone has the same type and therefore can't have the same hair regiment.

But other than no heat, trim it twice a year to get rid of split ends. Trimming 6-8 weeks like most girls actually keeps it from getting longer. Hair grows on average a 1/4 of an inch a month so if you cut off that 1/4 of an inch of hair every month, it'll never get longer.

But there's no way to 'make' it grow faster. All you can do is retain length. Your hair is going to grow at whatever rate it's biologically programmed to grow and there's nothing you can do about it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have curly hair, half european half African. I thought it was possible to accelerate a wee bit the growth :o

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• try some indian shampoo , one of them is Shesha... you will grow your hair easyly

0|0
    0|0
  • Alone

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• BIOTIN VITAMINS! go to target or something and buy olly "undeniable beauty" or any hair skin and nails vitamins and stick to it. also get a trim every 2-3 mo depending on the health status of your hair and try using a keratin treatment conditioner like from treseme or something. look up some hair masks to grow and strengthen it. i use a honey, avocado, virgin olive oil and 2 eggs and leave on for 15 min and wash thoroughly with reg conditioner (buy some w/o silicone //check the ingredients) or you can wash one or twice a week with coconut oil but use it lightly as it can leave a smell. continue the no heat but if U HAVE TO straighten or use heat, USE HEAT PROTECTANT SPRAY always!!

*note: take a picture of your hair now and every month take a picture and watch the results! ps; the biotin vitamins will also help your nails become stronger and longer, and will help clear your skin of acne and make it smooth as well as growing your hair!

hope that was helpful, and trust me i have curly hair so i gotta know how to take care of it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Tying it up makes it grow faster. Also make sure you apply product to the ends so your hair doesn't break at the ends, giving the illusion of shorter hair. Above all just have patience.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to get my hair to grow for years without any success until I finally discovered MSM supplements. Look them up online. They are available at GNC, they are hit and miss so they may or may not work for you, but they definitely made a difference for me. My hair now finally grows and is much thicker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure you're drinking lots of water too. It grows faster in the summer months. Brushing your hair upside down helps the blood flow to your scalp which accelerates growth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put oil in your hair (Olive oil is very good), it's what I use. Apply it the days before your shampoo.
    Don't brush your hair too often, let it down when sleeping and don't wash it more than 2 time a weeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apply warm oils (coconut, olive, castor etc) to the scalp and do a scalp massage for a few minutes. There are a lot of youtube videos about how to grow your hair if you're looking for more tips.

0|0
    0|0
  • That alone is gonna help a lot. Staying away from hair dye (especially bleach), and washing it less helps because both dry your hair out, which will cause it to break and not get any longer. Never use an actual hair brush when your hair is wet, that's when your hair is the most fragile. Biotin or Hair, skin, nail vitamins may help. Get very small trims if you develope split ends. Not doing so will only slow down the process because the split ends will only keep splitting.

I've grown my hair out before so I had to learn a lot lol this worked for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Umm.. My mom used to say that massaging your scalp with onion juice one a week would help it grow... Nd the result will be visible within a month..

1|0
    0|0
  • As a mediterranean girl I'd say olive oil works like a charm, maybe with a bit of honey as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut off split ends, and condition it. Wash your hair with cold water, it makes it shine. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Give yourself one hour hair treatment by putting olive virgin oil and coconut on your scalp before showering.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm still trying to figure that out. I've been taking care of my hair and still no growth. It's hard. ;-;

0|0
    0|0
  • Pumpkin oil and peppermint oil. Use it on your hair at least once a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't make it grow faster. Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month.

0|0
    0|0
  • use coconut oil on your scalp before you sleep and leave it over night. it worked for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Coconut oil!!! I use it all the time

2|0
    0|0
    • You mean as a mask? I heard it also makes hair softer

• Show All
    • @Coconutpie totally true. I can't believe I forgot to add that. Stimulating your scalp is the best thing. Especially with coconut oil or castor oil. And it get rid of headaches too!!!

• hahaha teamwork 😁

• hairfinity pills

0|0
    0|0
  • water water water!

0|0
    0|0
  • rosemary oil, castor oil, olive oil, almond oil

1|0
    0|0
  • Prenatal vitamins.

0|0