Are you able to spot fake beauties?

I was chilling on the sofa, scrolling trough YouTube videos and Instagram pictures. Guys and girls are you really able to distinguish the reality from the fake, constructed world others like to show us? All those girls with perfect bodies? Nope. You have bad days, sometimes you're bloated, most of women have stretch marks and cellulite. People play with light and color to portray us the best imagine of themselves. Girls with huge butts and skinny waist? Implanty easy as that. If you want a huge butt you have to have fat on other places as well. I don't know... I mean too much falsehood. I think about those teens who are bombarded with those unrealistic models... nope guys this is the beginning for those inexperienced and insecure girls to develop eating disorders. And by the way for sure the same pretty much unrealistic standards are for males as well. In my opinion the beautiful and perfect true girls/guys represent just a few, few minority. I hope people will start to make a distinguish between those two and very distant words. Yours opinions?

p. s And all of those Instagram models who go trough all those plastic surgery? Cheek implants, botox, fake hair, fake eyelashes. Omg that's insane!!

210

Most Helpful Guy

• I've actually always thought the "fake and perfect" looking girls weren't that attractive. The most attractive people are the most real people, the ones you'll find in your hometown for instance. You know the ones-- the guys or girls you crushed on at school, that one customer at the market you never see often, a new cute co-worker at your job, etc.
    I cannot see the appeal in tons of makeup and crazy hairstyles, I know these things are supposed to be the epitome of modern beauty and yet I find it utterly off-putting. It's like looking at a mannequin, I don't feel like they're real people, and that's the joy killer for me. Not saying they look bad... They just don't hold the same attraction as someone else does in person.
    You do have a point with people buying into this crap though, young girls and guys always compare themselves to these models and end up trying to change themselves in unsafe ways (bullemia, etc.) It's not natural.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is,

The truly beautiful people are all around us, off the camera.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE