How do you feel about face filters?

I'm talking about the snapchat-like filters that add stuff to your face.
Does it bother you when people post only filtered selfies? How do you feel about face filters?
  • I hate them
    Vote A
  • I like them
    Vote B
  • I don't care
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not the biggest fan of them because personally it covers the beautiful face that's underneath. Even if its used to hide some imperfections, its those imperfect that make us beautiful and human.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love them dearly, and I believe if they make you feel better about yourself you should use them. Besides you look super nice in them! πŸ’•

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you☺️ It's good that they make people feel better but I believe you should love yourself even without them. And I get terrified when my filter goes away 😭

• They are nice to help build up self esteem! What I did was learn to love myself through filters so then I could love the person behind them. Self love is so important, but it only really matters if ya get there, not the route you take. Honestly, with eyebrows that nice I think you're set without the filtersπŸ’•

• Such meaningful wise words! You're right loving yourself is all that matters πŸ’– Aww thank you 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• I feel targeted. This filter is an inside joke tbh. I don't really care who judges me on this website. If that person is only posting pics with filters then they are probably hiding something.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol we have the same filter πŸ˜‚ yea I know people who have at least 100 filtered selfies on their insta and it bothers me sometimes

• Show All
    • They always do! My ex was 21 and the poor guy ran away because of all the gossip. And the most annoying part is having to show my ID at a bar (legal age here) and 16 year olds flirting with me πŸ˜‚

• What country are you from? US drinking age is 21+

• I never understood the appeal. Why bother if it's a fake selfie? Only way it gets worse is when the "selfie" isn't even them and they are catfishing everyone.

1|0
    0|0
    • As a girl, sometimes they give me that confidence boost that I need but I still don't post them on my insta. I've never encountered a catfisher before but I guess that'd suck

• Yeah I never understood that either. I mean catfishers are going to get exposed as liars sooner or later, especially if whoever they are catfishing asks for a face-to-face at some point (the usual goal).

• Yeah the Catfish tv show taught me a lot of things. I kinda feel sorry for them because they're THAT desperate

• as long as it isn't one that covers your face because you're too insecure to show your full face.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but some filters don't add stuff but make the nose smaller, eyes bigger, cover the imperfections...

• well, then those pictures are just for fun. same goes with when girls make faces. open their eyes wide, frown excessively, blow their cheeks out, pull their fave back to add chin rolls, etc.

• Oh yeah the goofy pictures πŸ‘Œ

• some snapchat filters are pretty great in my opinion like the joke ones that make people look weird, i don't like that flower crown one 'cause it ruins photos by making them look too bright and discolored. I almost prefer the Dog Filter to that one.πŸ˜…

1|0
    0|0
  • I love the filters for fun. Most of them are so cute!!! So I voted that I liked them. But it bothers me when people ask how their make up looks or something and then have a filter on. Thats dumb, I can't see your makeup!

1|0
    0|0
  • My only problem would be the dog filter, it's so over used

1|0
    0|0
    • True πŸ˜‚

• Show All
    • What was seen cannot be unseen πŸ˜‚

• Need therapy because of it πŸ˜‚

• hides what's real. if I use anything I use brightness and some more saturation. but you look good !

1|0
    0|0
    • True. Thanks 😊

• Hate them. Its fake. I wanna see a girls real face.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's what most guys I know say

• what kind of filter is this. it looks like you took this picture with a camera phone from 2005

0|1
    0|0
  • If it is only filters yes a bit but mixed with normal snaps and filtered ones is alright... Plus some filters can be fun to use

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

Recommended myTakes