Girls, What makeup should I get done with this dress?

Hi!!! It's my senior prom next week and I have bought this rose gold dress. As I literally do not know anything about makeup, can anyone give suggestions as to what sort of colours/looks I should go for (I'm getting makeup done at sephora) Also just in case it helps, I have brown eyes and am half indian so my skin is pretty tan :)
Girls, What makeup should I get done with this dress?

Updates:
Also I was wondering, would it be too much to do a red lip?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say golden eyeshadow on your eyelid and a kind of blended effect with another colour, and something peachy/pink for lips, something a bit natural because the dress is already very noticeable/glam/pretty on its own :) Also I highly suggest to use a highlighter (colour depending on your skin tone)! You should check out the youtube account of Dana Packett, her makeup always looks gorgeous but is not "too much". Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/danapackett/videos

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you sooo much!! <3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• i say nude lip and a simple bronzed eye. add some champagne highlight and slight chiseled nose and cheekbones.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you!! Omg she is literally goals :)

• Go with a bit more natural. Light lipstick and light make up. You want something to really match the dress, you don't want the make up to over power it. Also I absolutely love your dress when you're done with it can I have it?

1|0
    0|0
  • Classic smokey eye. The dress is blingy enough, no need for glittery eyes too. Maybe a dark pink lip or glossy nude lip

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah I agree. Thanks!

• I wanna start off by kinda bashing red lips: I hate them. They make people look like old women and taylor swift..

What I would get done is a popping eye look and a matte pink nudish tone lip. I'd recommend going to sephora with your dress as well so they can see what would be best. I hope you enjoy prom!

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I agree. No red lips :)

• depends on your hair an face. for something like prim I would maybe do something classic and calm looking. Maybe a slightly gold eyeshadow. upper eyeliner if it suits you and spring for some fake lashes. They are very cheap but really xomplete the look. depending on your skin tone and hair color I would say a rosy pink lipstick or a darker redish color. cheers

0|0
    0|0
  • bright red lippy!! maybe some golden eye shadow but you want to make one thing on your face pop so whether its your eyes or your lips ! I'm just a fan of bright red lippy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with a tan/brown color scheme for your eye makeup and do a nude lip with a slight pink tint. Red lips will take away from the dress

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep things light and natural looking. What a gorgeous dress!

0|0
    0|0
  • A red lip would not match the dress. You should stick with peach and brown tones.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nude makeup. Nice pinkish nude lips with lightish brown eye shadow with some mascara and a little bit of eyeliner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say do a light smokey eye with light pink sparkly lip gloss

0|0
    0|0
    • Ahh yes I do like smoky eyes! Thanks!

• Your welcome
      I love your dress u have great taste

• Nude eyes make and red lips or nude lips and smoky eyes.
    Personally I think smoky eyes would look really cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bronze smoky eye would look amazing with brown eyes and your skin tone, it would also really suit the dress! Or maybe rose gold or copper tones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear make up, but maybe just a natural make up look

0|0
    0|0
  • A more natural look

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh wow that dress is beautiful x

0|0
    0|0
  • pink glam!!

0|0
    0|0
  • The nude look with soft pinks added to it

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep I think so too! Thanks!

• Light, pink or peach

0|0
    0|0
  • go with tan

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for Rose Gold tones in your make-up. You'll be stunning. Have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think Quite glam. The same colour at the dress on your lid and one that's a bit darker to blend it into the crease of your eye. maybe no lipstick or a matte nude

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your help!!

Recommended myTakes