What are some of the best types of makeup that aren't TOO expensive?

Foundations, eyeshadows, and also what are some good brushes and applicators for makeup. I need help getting started on good quality makeup styles. Any ladies with expertise in makeup help a sista out lol

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• the suggestions sounds expensive. aren't there good $1-$5 ones? i saw some on YouTube tutorials

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love anything from L'OrĂ©al, NYX, Maybelline, if you wanna purchase online colourpop, morphee, and BH Cosmetics offer affordable products. For a beginner brush and sponges set I would recommend real techniques you can find them in Ulta and most drugstores now. I have both expensive and cheap brushes but real techniques is my favorite. It's getting to where drugstore makeup is almost as expensive as high-end brands, so if you like to splurge on something you know you will be using a lot I say buy it. Also a little tip some stores/companies offer samples on makeup and you can also return if you buy something and end up not liking it. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Awesome! Thanks so much for the helpful information :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 18

• I like nyx brand stuff! I tend to prefer high end makeup just because a lot of cheaper stuff makes my skin break out. Something ELF uses in their makeup makes me itchy!

2|0
    0|0
  • Elf, NYX, Maybelline, Covergirl, L'Oreal, Morphee, Wet and Wild. Elf has some decent brushes, even for contour. I like Maybelline FitMe foundation because it covers a wide variety of skin colors as opposed to just light, medium and dark. These days, a lot of the drugstore brands are just as good (if not better!) than the more expensive stuff. I use almost all Elf products and brushes with Real Technique blenders.

1|0
    0|0
  • Okay. Highlighter, blush, lipstick, eyeliner, brow gel, stuff like that don't have to be too expensive because the pigment isn't that important.

But the FOUNDATION AND EYESHADOW HAVE TO BE GOOD OR ELSE ITS GOING TO LOOK ODD AND ITS GOING TO RUB OFF EASILY.

Covergirl and elf always seem reliable to me

1|0
    0|0
  • BUY IT FROM HUSH. COM!! They are amazing and literally have so many good dupes for things like modern renaissance!! I just found out about it and I'm falling in love. No promo or spam I'm just sharing my opinion!

3|0
    0|0
  • Watch YouTube tutorials on drugstore makeup looks. They should really help and go into depth about which foundations are worth the splurge or not. It helped me

3|0
    0|0
  • Wet and Wild and Elf brushes are very affordable and work just as good as high end! If your looking for a sponge to apply foundation the real techniques sponge is just like the beauty blender and is so much less

For makeup brands, I like Nyx and Loreal paris-- the Loreal paris foundations are the best in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Elf is pretty good when it comes to certain things. I like Wet and wild (that isn't how you spell it) products. Their mascara is my favorite and it only cost a dollar. Works better than any other ones I've had. I would probably stick with paying around $6 or more for lip products though. Nyx has some REALLY good matte lip glosses. The formula is VERY, VERY nice and creamy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you like mascara? I have a mascara that's inexpensive but amazing. And believe it or not, but a lot of cheap eyeliners are actually really good. I have an Elf eyeliner which works great, months later.

0|0
    0|0
  • ELF is super cheap and very good. You can find lot of varieties in makeup even the brushes in cheap price with good quality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes