Girls, what's the best primer for acne-prone/sensitive skin?

I've tried the Photo Finish primer from Smashbox but it usually breaks me out despite people saying that it's good for sensitive skin. Can anyone recommend another brand?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• formerly being in the makeup industry myself, I would suggest figuring out what type of skin you have first before trying something new on your skin only because your friends suggest it. in other words, is your skin oily? dry? normal? Or combination oily/dry? once you determine your skin type, then search for primers that fit your specific needs and look at their reviews.

0|0
    0|0
  • Check out milk of magnesia primer it's supposed to be amazing and it's not specifically just a primer it's got many uses but one benefit they found was how good it was as a primer for oily skin. It's from a drug store so super cheap too!! Google it and read up all the fab reviews xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Primers generally aren't good for your skin type. You'll probably always have a breakout from them? But here's a list of some to try:

www.bustle.com/.../172799-the-7-best-primers-for-sensitive-skin-if-you-struggle-with-acne-or-breakouts-photos

0|0
    0|0
  • ABSOLUTELY!!
    Benefit Cosmetics "that gal" face primer:

www.benefitcosmetics.com/.../gal-brightening-face-primer

You'll fucking love it! Little pricey but it's worth it

0|0
    0|0
  • Benefit cosmetics primer. It's extremely light weight. I'm using the smashbox one currently and I can tell you from experience, the benefit one is so much lighter on your skin. It's velvety. You won't miss the section when you walk into Sephora lol it's very colourful. 🙂

0|0
    0|0
  • My holy Grail is the one heck of a blot primer from soap&glory. Doesn't break me out and controls oil better than the high end ones I've tried.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe try Nyx. I use their one that is clear in color and looks similar to the Smashbox one. It hasn't given me acne.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say porefessinal or makeup forevers primer. You could also try smashboxes primer water. Also do you tone and mosturize before you put on primer. Because that helps prevent breakouts as well, it creates a protective barrier

0|0
    0|0
  • Josie maran makes a really good one. I also have very sensitive acne prone skin but haven't had any breakouts from that product and I've been using it for the last few months

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you want your primer to do. If it's for oil control, I would suggest milk of magnesia.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually just use a nice moisturizer for my sensitive skin. it doesn't set the best foundation for makeup as well as primer but it does work

0|0
    0|0
  • Try a primer from make up for ever. They have different ones for different skin types so I use more than one for different parts of my face

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the stay matte primer by Rimmel, doesn't break me out or irritate my skin

1|0
    0|0
  • I use the elf poreless primer. It goes on really silky.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Primer WATER
    It's really really good and light on the face

0|0
    0|0
  • I can recommend The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer.

0|0
    0|0
  • P2 perfect face prep & fix spray

0|0
    0|0
  • No primer. Less make-up. Use a light BB creme. Do not clog up your whole face with goop.

I recommend following the suggestions at acne. org

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes