I can't figure out where to start with for taking new styles of selfies, please help?

Soooo I was checking my Instagram feed and... umm... I noticed that almost all of my pictures are the same pose and same angle etc, and in almost all of them I have my hand playing with my hair (example my profile pic)... my feed looks good but it's wayyyy too monotonous and boring. Sooo these are the problems I have:

1) I'm a loner. So I don't take much group selfies or I don't even have someone to take pictures for me.

2) I have big eyes. Any picture from top angle makes me look like an alien. I feel like I look weird with eyeliner and without eyeliner. Making my eyes smaller with makeup makes me feel like I don't look like myself.

3) I have a vitiligo spot and severe acne. If I take pictures too close then all of those show up. You could also tell I sleep less because of my dark circles. But when I edit them, I look like a different person.

4) I can't take full-body selfies because of my curves, I look way too provoking and awkward. I'm only 16 so no matter how womanly body I have I'm not gonna show it off.

5) I feel like I look funny in any unnatural pose.

For now, I know I need a good editing app and a selfie stick. But leave me some additional tips. If you want to see my Instagram before giving suggestions, pm me but girls only.

Also, don't tell me to use Snapchat or any app that has such filters in it. I don't wanna use much editing and filter, I want to try out new angles and poses etc because THOSE are what I have to improve. My camera is good enough without editing and filters.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have so much experience with it, so I don't have a lot of advice. But I've some.

I thinks varying your outfits, makeup (if you use it), hairstyle and which location you're in helps. You can take pictures on vacation, in the street, in the beach, in restaurants etc. Don't take the picture in the same room, because it gets very boring fast.

I do also thinks you should experimenting with the lighting and have different accessories. With accessories I also means holding something in your hands like sunglasses, a cup, some food item etc. in addition to which clothing item you have as accessories.

There's a lot of tutorials on YouTube about how to take selfies. Just type "How to take instagram selfies by myself" on YouTube. You don't need to be in every instagram pictures. For variety in your profile I recommend you taking some food, nature and flat lay pictures too or a picture of your hobbies. I thinks a combination between selfies and other things is the way to go.

Happy selfie! : )
    stupiddope.com/.../20131115-071324.jpg

(Put the picture there just for fun)