Girls, do you think wearing a push up bra speeds up the process of having saggy boobs?

I've heard mixed things about push up bras and whether or not it can hurt the perkiness of your bust. What are your thoughts?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard both things, that wearing a bra makes them sag, and that not wearing one makes them sag. I think the main thing is just gravity, so the only way to counteract it would be to stand on your head for half the day.

6|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• If it's true then mine should be dangling around my ankles.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it depends on how one wears them as one answerer mentioned

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if push up bras are bad for you but I do know that if you want perkier breasts, you're not supposed to wear a bra 24/7. Letting your boobs free will maintain the strength of your chest muscles but wearing any bra extensively will allow your chest muscles to weaken.

3|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it. And neither does not wearing a bra. Basically, aging and having larger breasts is what causes sagging. Pregnancy or weight gain and loss can cause it prematurely. I am skeptical of anything else.

3|0
    0|0
  • it's not just push up bras, wearing bras will make your boobs sag. I wear bras when I am out in public but take them off when I get home. I wasn't doing it for sagginess but for comfort. But I've gotten lots of comments of how perky my boobs are, so who know maybe it's because of that

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the most important thing is that the bra is comfortable. Because if the push up bra is pulling and stretching your boobs too much then it can't be good. But if it's just slightly lifting them up and it feels totally comfy then it's probably not affecting them.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. It doesn't make sense to me that it would.

1|0
    0|0
  • Saggy titts are caused by the skin getting stretched. A proper fitted bra keeps them perky.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not too tight and not too loose. If it fits just right then it should keep things nice and perky.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it would speed up the process of making your boobs saggy

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily push up but any sturdy bra for support

0|0
    0|0
  • They're stretching your skin up so yeah it does make them sag sooner

0|0
    0|0
  • If so, it's a risk I'm willing to take. Lol.

2|0
    0|0
  • I was thinking about the same, I need opinions

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • It don't don't worry

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like pushup or padded or spots just go for fitted bras and do boobs exercises to keep them firm

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the joy of being old things will sag. It will happen no matter what. But bras help some people say we have internal bras for our boobs so you don't have to wear a bra ( says every person with an A to C cup)

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • What makes breasts sag the most is the loss of skin elasticity in menopause, and no woman will avoid that.

There really is no compelling evidence wither way on bras.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes