I have heard if a girl is fashionable she is more likely to be politically liberal, is that true?

This doesn't seem right to me. People say that if a girl takes great effort for her appearance and the way she dresses she is likely a liberal.
Especially if she is wearing a leather jacket for some reason, maybe because that looks want to be edgy and rebellious.
It seems like if a girl dresses nice she is more feminine. It seems like liberal feminist women aren't very feminine looking. Is seems like a feminine girl would be less likely to be feminist.
Updates:
Anyone else.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everything is a political issue, as much as people would like to make it one.

2|4
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• never heard of it. I actually find conservative girls to be way better looking, it's not even fair. My girlfriend is a cons/Rep and she is very interested in fashion and traditional looks. not really to offend anyone but I think many liberal girls are very vulgar.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I've never heard this and I live in a loud red state. This seems very unlikely.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably the opposite, because liberal women are more likely to free themselves from gender norms.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean if a guy dressed nice it means he's gay right? 😐 a girl can wear whatever she wants. It doesn't have to collaborate with her political views of she has any.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm a liberal and a tomboy. However, I met some other liberal girls who are girly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Come on... Don't make any notion based on loose facts..

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say there's no correlation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Liberals tend to be more sophisticated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, that has nothing to do with anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think that either political party is necessarily more fashionable... I'm fairly liberal and just buy clothes off of the discount rack lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Feminists can look any way we want. I love the art of fashion and attire. I dress for my pleasure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it has much to do with political views.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Boy, you're just piling one stereotype on another with this, aren't ya?

1|0
    0|0
    • Stereotypes usually have some truth to them. What sterotypes do you mean?

• Show All
    • @MlleCake Well, I'm married to one, and my best friend is one, and a lot of their friends are Feminists, and I live in an area with a reputation as a Liberal bastion. So, I'm guessing I know a lot more than you do.

• That wasn't directed to you.

• "A girl is more fashionable if she's liberal." - Think that's more referring to the political climate not their fashion. It's saying it's a fad now for woman to be liberal because the feminism movement has taken over. It is better for women to be liberal right now because you might get labeled by a woman hater by liberals who hate Trump.

I can't stand Trump but I don't know if I'd go that far.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of the liberal woman I see under the age of 40 aren't dressed as fashionable as the ones 40 and older.

They are dressing like free-spirit hippies,, granted they are more sophisticated than the hippies of the 60's and 70's covering up their bodies.

I don't see a difference of woman in their 40's who are conservative or liberal.

Though ones working for the Gov't seem to be more liberal, forgetting if the Gov't grows faster than private enterprise, there won't be enough tax revenue coming in, but rather more public assistance payouts which competes for the same money that pays their salaries.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girl will go with whatever the mainstream is. Anything that is considered cool, trendy and socially acceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a woman is fashionable she could be a liberal or she could be a conservative

0|0
    0|0
  • what the fuck did I just read? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Whop told you that? That's nonsense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems to be true. The amount of people like this that are liberal because it's fashionable but don't know anything about politics. One liberal actually tried to tell me Ivanka Trump had internalised mysogny and get this was a Nazi and a complete Anti-semite lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes