How do you guys feel about makeup?

I was talking with a guy the other day. He kept insisting that "real beauty" is hard to find because of makeup and why are girls not content with what they have. I tell him girls don't usually even wear that much makeup that will alter their whole face, it's just to cover scars and even pigmentation. And then he says guys don't wear makeup and they're fine with it. I get what he means but I don't agree. Guys wear some makeup too, most are just gay. Hell, actors wear makeup. And let's admit it, a lot of people are not content with what they have and I've been on the internet enough to know that not all guys are "fine" with it. But I know, at the end of the day, it's all about preference.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• too much is a turn off. I'm fine with it but I feel better knowing a girl can feel comfortable without it. Honestly I see my mom every morning without makeup and she looks amazing and she doesn't even put that much on when she does.
    Most girls don't look bad without makeup, just slight changes but I have seen girls where makeup is better to keep on 😂 which I feel bad about and they don't look so good, or maybe it's because they had put so much on.

literally always a good chunk of girls at school with skin changing makeup that makes their face super white. big turnoff and I don't know why they do it.

I understand it makes some girls feel better or hide insecurities or whatever but...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry, this is going to be a bit of a rant. 😂 I really just get irritated, when people tell me that I shouldn't wear make up. I put on make up, because it makes ME feel better about MYSELF. I really don't care, if someone else thinks I look prettier without make up. I don't wear make up to please others, I wear make up, because it pleases me. It seems that guys feel like it's a compliment to say that girls look better without make up. Well guess what, it's not a compliment. Rather it's an insult to their make up skills. My boyfriend stopped saying it, because he noticed I got mad every time.

1|1
    0|0
    • Preach it. I don't know about you but but pretty colours are fun to play with. Okay, I know shit's expensive BUT... it's pretty and it lasts a pretty long damn time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• 85% of the girls i know where makeup and they don't even need it. Natural beauty is always best in my opinion. However, if wearing makeup makes you feel prettier and makes you feel more secure, there is no harm in it at all

2|0
    0|0
  • I like girls that wear very little or none at all I hate makeup that looks like it's been made by a plasterer. I've also seen girls that look fantastic without makeup but still wear it because they feel "naked" without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • People here like to say no make up is better. I will be very realistic these guys are same guys who will call you ugly when they see your pale face. You are not automatically tagged as fake for putting a little make up but never over do it. Also, It shows you do care about yourself and like to maintain your self.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls should wear makeup, guys don't wanna see pale frumpy sasquatches all over the place.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm kidding by the way

• Show All
    • I like my way better, thinking of a hairy creature walking around with high heels and a purse. Yours is good too tho I could see them waking up like zombies

• Thinking about it now, yours is accurate too. True sasquatches will shave in the morning but will be hairy again at night.

• simplicity is biggest sexy n attractive... I don't even bother how girl look. bkoz beauty fades away heart always stay beautiful. look not important it's always fraud.

1|0
    0|0
  • if you like makeup that's great. if you don't that's also great. I think everyone should do what makes them feel comfortable, and happy in their own skin. women who choose to wear makeup are beautiful, and so are women who choose not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok makeup doesn't bother me so if she wants to wear it ok with me

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think you should wear makup, it messes with perfection

1|0
    0|0
  • One of my best friend has recently broke up with his girlfriend. Man, he is now act like mad drunken and lost his mind.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh wow sorry to hear that

• But it is so funny to handle him as He has just lost his world. Actually, he loved her so much and she ditched him.

What Girls Said 2

• makeup shows you take prince in your appearance. every guy says they like less makeup. it's not true

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an ironic issue since guys always choose girls who wear makeup over girls who don't. It doesn't matter what guys want, do what you like. I feel you can't satisfy them with or without makeup.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes